Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Price Bros Saddle?
Hi Ed,

I don’t mind sending these pictures of my Dad with his saddle. I had taken the pictures of my Dad with his saddle the same time I took the previous pictures that I have already posted.

As for the Article, as far as I know you can only read the article if you are a member of the NBSSCA (the National Bit, Spur, and Saddle Collectors Association). I understand that the article will be in the August edition of the magazine. If you are interested in contacting Peggy Schaffer from the NBSSCA (the National Bit, Spur, and Saddle Collectors Association), go ahead and send me a PM that you wish to contact her, and I’ll send you her contact information.

[Image: DadandhisSaddlerightside.jpg]
[Image: DadandhisSaddlecloseupleftside.jpg]
[Image: DadandhisSaddlefarleftside.jpg]
[Image: DadandhisSaddlecloseuprightside.jpg]

Paul
Hi Ed,

I did take a couple of picturs of myself with my Dads Saddle, and I was wondering how can I replace my cuttent Avatar with one fo those pictures. I went to my Profile, and I could not find a way to replace it and put one of those pictures in as my Avatar. How can I do that?
Paul
quote:
Originally posted by Ranger2007

Hi Ed,

I did take a couple of picturs of myself with my Dads Saddle, and I was wondering how can I replace my cuttent Avatar with one fo those pictures. I went to my Profile, and I could not find a way to replace it and put one of those pictures in as my Avatar. How can I do that?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You need to make a 64 x 64 jpg or gif and upload it to the Internet somewhere, like Photobucket. Then give Chuck the location and which userid to associate it with and he will fix you up.

Here is a link to when I had Chuck make one for me.

http://www.dailyequine.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2477&SearchTerms=Avatar
Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
quote:
Originally posted by Ranger2007

Hi Ed,

I don’t mind sending these pictures of my Dad with his saddle. I had taken the pictures of my Dad with his saddle the same time I took the previous pictures that I have already posted.

As for the Article, as far as I know you can only read the article if you are a member of the NBSSCA (the National Bit, Spur, and Saddle Collectors Association). I understand that the article will be in the August edition of the magazine. If you are interested in contacting Peggy Schaffer from the NBSSCA (the National Bit, Spur, and Saddle Collectors Association), go ahead and send me a PM that you wish to contact her, and I’ll send you her contact information.

Thanks Paul, for posting the pictures. Sure hope someone can help with the info on your saddle. It must be pretty unique for no one to be able to help so far. I know i would love to have one like it.

Your Dad sure looks pretty good for his age. I can see the pride in him posing with the saddle. They look good together. Thanks for the E-mail.
Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson

I love the expression in your dads eyes and on his face! That says it all. His character is written all over his face. What a nice kind,and wise man he must be. [Smile]
A good rider has a thinking mind, fine emotions and a sensitive hand.-Tu Yu,72 BC

Hi Ed,

Thank you for whom to contact to get my Avatar changed. I sent Chuck my new Avatar. Once he can get it done, I’ll have the Tiger replaced.

When I started looking for information about my Dads old saddle, I did a wide scale search on the Internet. I looked at a few other sites like this one, yet this site impressed me the most. I do wish and hope that I had made the right choice. I figured those that would be familiar with saddles, might just be here. Other then the saddle be fixed up as I have already done, and getting an Article done about my Dad and his saddle, I plan to print up the History of Price Brothers that I have collected to this point and give it to him.

I am surprised that no one has stepped up with any knowledge of the Price Brothers Saddlery, or even on who might know and how to contact them. I’m patent, hopefully someone will one of these days. I’ve been lucky with what I have gotten so far.

Hello Montezrider,

Thank you for your reply. My dad does not have a clue on what I have been up to. He knows that I’m researching on the internet about his Saddle. It will be a big surprise on what I have done when he finds out at his birthday party later this month.
Paul
I found 3 listings for Price, one of which was Price Bros, but the only info I got was "around 1910". The other 2 were WE Price Saddle Shop Paducah TX prior to 1944 when C. Darr purchased shop, and the other was William K. Price, Austin TX 1887-1888. I wish I had more for you! Maybe try looking for an obituary? They usually have some good info on the history of people. That is how I found out about 2 saddles I have that were made in Lusk WY. Good luck! Nice saddle by the way. Your dad looks like a great person, too. Hope his party is splendid!!!
Hi Ed,

Thanks one more time, for telling about getting in touch with Chuck to get my Avatar changed.

Chuck,

I appreciate you changing my Avatar for me.

Kran831,

Price Brothers and the Price Saddle Shop that I am researching were located in Graham, Texas. From what I have found out, that by 1897, it was known as the Price Brothers Saddle Shop. A historian in Graham has kindly been researching this information for me, and is still trying to make contact with the Price Family to determine if they can how old my Dads saddle is. I’m surprised that no one on this site knows about the Price Brothers, or their saddles. I just thought this would be a gold mine of knowledge that I could tap to find out about them. I guess I was wrong. From the information that I have gotten, the name C. Darr has not come up. There was a Josiah Porter hired Walter Price and he married Josiah Porter's daughter. I think the William K. Price, Austin TX 1887-1888 and C. Darr are totally different then the Price Brothers in Graham, which is West of the Dallas/Fort Worth area, quite some distance from Austin.

I’m surprise on how well the saddle has held up all these years without any care for it. We had to cancel my Dads Birthday Party. I took him into Emergency the night before Fathers Day. He had Gallstones, no warning. He had surgery the Wednesday after Fathers Day. He’s home now slowly recovering and getting his strength back. We have rescheduled the party for the first Sunday in August.
Paul
Oh, Ranger- That is too bad about your Dad's party, but good news that he is recovering. Amazing that he had no warning, and those things are painful, I hear! Glad that the celebration is rescheduled.

While I hate to send you elsewhere in your search, and hope that you can stick around Daily Equine, I did search Yahoo for a "group" and came up with one possible avenue of help. Their group (consisting of five, sorry) is called vintagesaddle-n-tack and here is what they say about themselves:

"This is a group to learn about vintage saddles and tack. Everyone is welcome from the beginning to the seasoned collector. Please feel free to share stories and post pics of your favorite old tack."

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vintagesaddle-n-tack/ Might be worth a try....

Even if you feel that you might have hit a dead end here on DE, stick around and jump in on some of the other discussions...and we will want to know how your Dad's recovery progresses and how the August shindig goes!
-Saddletramp

"She never moved the stars from their courses,
but she loved a good man and she rode good horses"
Welcome to the forum Ranger, I am sorry I do not know anything about the saddles to help you out.

The saddle does look well for it's age, as does your father. I hope he is fully recovered.

Is this story you wrote something you can share with us?