Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Oregon or Washington Horse campers Here??
Welcome back.
The photo is great, a very beautiful area you were riding in.
SO glad to hear your home and barn weren't flooded.
Keep the photos coming!

[Image: DSCF0288.jpg]
Picture of Crescent Lake.. 1/4 mile from WhiteFish Horse Camp..So you can walk over there after riding and wade or swim..or sit on the beach and ponder?? Each campsite has its own iron corrals, picnic table, firering.. Water at everyother site.. vault toilets for campers..
Alot of other lakes around you can ride to also.. plus you can ride around Crescent Lake itself!

Got this summer pretty well planned..
This near Crescent Oregon...

Ron
That is a very pretty lake. Sounds like very good place to camp out with horses.

I am not familiar with the term "vault toilets". Brings up some interesting scenarios in my imagination.[Big Grin]
Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
quote:
Originally posted by Hook

I am not familiar with the term "vault toilets". Brings up some interesting scenarios in my imagination.[Big Grin]

I think they are basically an outhouse in top of a concrete septic tank or "vault" that gets pumped every so often.

Or maybe they are like tall horses and hard to mount. [Big Grin]
Hoopski's .. description is correct.. Out house on top of a concrete vault..with huge chimney painted Dark so it heats and draws oder etc. out.. pictured below is one from another camp...
[Image: DSCF0643.jpg]

This vault toilet is at Dry Creek Horse Camp Near Prineville Reservoir..

I am called on from time to time by a group of friends many of which met on line in horse groups like (Saddlebums) to recon horse camps and riding areas..there are about 30 of us and the group is growing..My wife and I go by car take pictures of complete camp including outside restrooms..these are important to some for they don't have a toilet in their trailer as I do! a few have campers and pull bumper pull trailers.. they have bathrooms but aftr a week tanks may be near or past capacity and they will have to go find a dump station.. So knowing there is a suitable restroom is of great importance to the group..
quote:
Originally posted by puddleplasher

So, they can't have all the fun out there in the midwest... mtn rider in B.C. and I were talking about doing a northwest DE ride sometime this summer.... you interested??

'plash in Seattle

I'd definitely be interested. Nothing before June...I planned my second carpal tunnel around my in-law's pending visit but not so well around the onset of riding season. :-(

Mary
~*~*~*~*~*~*
Mary P
Married to John, mom to two energetic kids and host to three dogs, two cats, three horses and one steer.

I've taken lots of strange pictures in my time, but never a privy.

I'm from Oregon too. Haven't done any horse camping yet but plan to this or maybe next summer. Those Central Oregon Cascade lakes are really something aren't they? I've visited them a number of times but never on horseback. A shortcoming I hope to remedy in the near future.

There is a new State Park with Horse camping within the park.. There are sixteen camp sites each with 4-6 horse corrals. Water, Sewer and Electric at each site Toilets and showers for the horse campers!
[Image: DSCF0234.jpg]
[Image: DSCF0198.jpg]
[Image: DSCF0222.jpg]

This is about 13 miles from my home..

ole-bean
quote:
Originally posted by ole-bean

There is a new State Park with Horse camping within the park.. There are sixteen camp sites each with 4-6 horse corrals. Water, Sewer and Electric at each site Toilets and showers for the horse campers!

This is about 13 miles from my home..

ole-bean

Our farrier went to Stub Stewart soon after it opened and highly recommended it.
quote:
Originally posted by ole-bean

Hoopski's .. description is correct.. Out house on top of a concrete vault..with huge chimney painted Dark so it heats and draws oder etc. out.. pictured below is one from another camp...
This vault toilet is at Dry Creek Horse Camp Near Prineville Reservoir..

Thanks Hoopski and ole-bean.

The vault toilet looks like a good way to go. [Wink][Big Grin]
Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson