Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Oregon or Washington Horse campers Here??
welcome nice to meet you! gorgeous horses. Also,what a view!!
Colleen who hopes to have a horse soon.

The air of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears -- Arabian proverb

Had more snow yesterday but now it disappears by late afternoon.. GOOD!!!

Tried to get a three day reservation at Nehalem Bay S.P. Horse camp at Manzanita on the Oregon coast.. Wanted like the middle of the week not any weekend days and could only find two days together.. This place is reserved like nine months out... July 9 and 10 which is a Thurs. and a Friday and means I am on the road Saturday coming home.. I think I will Pass on that .. I may have to call them see if there are any cancelations... I have been there before and it always seems three or four sites are always vacant and then they rent them to regular campers without horses..
Here I am whining again!! Oh well I will horse camp somewhere...
Lost both our beloved Buck Weiner and my QH gelding in Feburary.. Buck was twelve... Hootch was thirty...
I brought a new horse home last Saturday.. A paint and a very mellow fellow..

[Image: codyfirstweekhere-1.jpg]

This is Toby.... Not my picture but it is him... 9 years old..15-2

quote:
Originally posted by ole-bean

Lost both our beloved Buck Weiner and my QH gelding in February.. Buck was twelve... Hootch was thirty...
I brought a new horse home last Saturday.. A paint and a very mellow fellow..

[Image: codyfirstweekhere-1.jpg]

This is Toby.... Not my picture but it is him... 9 years old..15-2

Sorry to hear about your losses.[Sad] Everyone takes a piece of us with them when they go.

Toby sure looks like a good solid fellow that likes his groceries.[Smile] He has a nice friendly appearance to.[^]
Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Thank You Hook.. Toby is not as heavy as his picture right now..but he does like to eat and will be this heavy again if we let him go... He actually has ribs showing right now..
Sorry to hear of the loss of two of your buddies.....Toby will be a good pal I hope! He has a nice face. [Smile]

It's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years.
Karen-Anchorage, Alaska
Toby is a gentleman and I hope we will be buds... Sure smooth to ride...

My main horse at present is Nic an Appy.. He is sound.. I say that cause Hootch hadn't been ridden for ten years..
This is Toby and former pasture bud Silkie...

[Image: codyandsilkytruelove.jpg]

Below is more what he looks like now dirty!!!

[Image: ourhorses.jpg]

Gosh, it's hard to lose such good friends, so sorry to hear about that! Toby does look like a gentleman, I hope you build a good solid friendship there too.
A good rider has a thinking mind, fine emotions and a sensitive hand.-Tu Yu,72 BC

Such a bad and lonnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggg winter this year I am ready to go somewhere dry!!!

We have had the worst winter in forty years plus a couple of serious flood watches which were scary when you have thirty inches of snow accumilated!!

I am sure Toby will fit in.. He is here to stay..