Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Oregon or Washington Horse campers Here??
Howdy..
I am new to this board..but not to trail riding and horse camping ...
My lovely wife and I live north of Vernonia,OR on the way to Mist..At present we have three horses, three dogs, and one cat (LC)..

Best regards
Ron

Life is short so ride your best horse first!
Howdy Ole! Welcome to [de]!! I've never been horse camping....At all. Lol. Your horses sound great! (I love cats too!)We here at DE Love pictures by the way![Wink]Well glad to have ya here!! Welcome again![Big Grin]

<font face="Tahoma"><font color="teal">"In the steady gaze of the horse shines a silent eloquence that speaks of love and loyalty, strength and courage. It is the window that reveals to us how willing is his spirit, how generous his heart."

"The horse, gives you the freedom from all life's challenges." H.Z.</font id="teal"></font id="Tahoma">

Picture taken last July at Nehalem Bay State Park/Horse camp at Manzanita, Oregon

[img][/img]http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g320/ole-bean/DSCF0011.jpg
Welcome!

I do alot of camping, but I am just over the border from you in BC.

I also have 3 horses, but only one dog. I do have 3 cats though!
Ride safe, return safe.

Hi Bean Welcome to the Forum. Nice Picture. We ave too many horses, three dogs, 2 cats, and a parrot. Oh yes and an injured pigeon.

We do have a lot of trail riders here so I think you came to the right place[8D]

Great picture, beautiful horse. I bet you have more pictures ..............[?]

Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Hey Ron, welcome to the forum. Lots of trail riders here and some campers, so I'll think you'll find others with your interests.

Great looking horse you have there. What breed is he/she? My first thought was Tennessee Walker, but don't know why. My horse, Max, is 1/2 TWH, but not gaited.

We have 4 horses, 3 dogs, and 2 cats. Here's a pic of my clan. Me on Max, my wife on Oz (Arab) and Adam on Daisy (Belgian - 2 y/o) we also have Annie, a Missouri Foxtrotter. (By the way, also a daughter, who is not into horses with us.)
[Image: 044_44.jpg]

Hope to hear more of your experiences, and see more pics!
"You learn a thing a day, you store up smart" - Festus Haggen

"A man’s soul can’t be hidden,
From the creatures in his care." -
Hard Candy Cowboy by Debra Meyer

Howdy ole-bean,
I'm in the Seattle area, and I know there's at least one other DE-er from nearby. Another regular poster lives near Spokane, and another new poster from Bend... so there's a few of us northwesterners around. I plan to do more varied trail riding just as soon as I get myself a trailer. Who knows, maybe someday we can organize a NW version of the midwest DE trail rides!

'plash
(sound of Pepper's hooves in the pasture these days [Sad])
ttp://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g320/ole-bean/DSCF0013

Picture is of east side of Mt. Hood from Surveyors Ridge.. Camped at Bishops Prairie Horse Camp.. southeast of Hood River Oregon..Our neighbor and friend Rick and his horse Hogan in foreground..[img][/img]You have probably heard plenty in the news lately about MT. Hood and the lost climbers..
[img][/img]http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g320/ole-bean/DSCF0013.jpg

Maybe I need special instructions on photo posing??

ole-bean

I hope all ride a good horse!!
ole-bean,
couldn't get to your pics this time. Might recheck your photo address.

Got it now! Wow, that's awesome country. Is Mt. Hood area where you do most of your riding/camping?

Hook posted some instructions on photo posting under tips and ideas, I think.

Keep 'em coming!
"You learn a thing a day, you store up smart" - Festus Haggen

"A man’s soul can’t be hidden,
From the creatures in his care." -
Hard Candy Cowboy by Debra Meyer