Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
yearling vs. 4 week old
Sounds like you have done a lot of preparation and from your description and your willingness to learn you should be successful in training a young horse.

We live near London, Ontario. What part of Ontario are you living in?
Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Hi Hook! It means a lot to me, what everyone has to say here, so thank you for your confidence. I'm originally from Peterborough, Ontario, but I'm going to school here in Guelph. My dad still lives in the city, but my mom and stepdad have 22 acres near Norwood. It's a small world, but I don't know enough horse people in it yet!
quote:
Originally posted by Danielle

Hi Hook! It means a lot to me, what everyone has to say here, so thank you for your confidence. I'm originally from Peterborough, Ontario, but I'm going to school here in Guelph. My dad still lives in the city, but my mom and stepdad have 22 acres near Norwood. It's a small world, but I don't know enough horse people in it yet!

Both Mrs Hook and I grew up and attended High School in Bancroft which is about 65 miles north eat of Peterborough. Mrs Hooks nephew works for a goldsmith in Peterborough.

Our neighbour has just completed the Vet course at Guelph and our local vet has had students working with him from Guelph.

If you send your address to me via a private message I will send you a copy of the latest Horse trader which gives a lot of information on Club Events, horses for sale etc.

If you are ever in the London area let us know any we can introduce you to our new foal Cruiser.
Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Hi Hook! Yup, I know some people in Bancroft too! It is a small world, at least in this neck of the woods[Smile] I would love and greatly appreciate a copy of the Horse Trader magazine. I'm actually moving today (sort of in the process for the past week or so) to a new place here in Guelph and I'm not sure of the postal code, but I will send it to you when Rogers finally gets around to setting up my internet connection there (supposed to be this coming Thursday).
Thanks again!
Danielle
welcome to the forums!

Ok, so this conversation got me to thinking, how small is the world now, with the internet.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO,
either of you happen to know Jason & Kathy White, thamesford ont, white willow equestrian????
I have a good friend that keeps 2 horses at thier farm, and works for them.
Ride safe, return safe.

Hi mtn rider! Yes, it is a small world (at least here in Canada!). I don't know those particular friends, but I wouldn't be surprised if I knew any of your friends closer to where I live.
I have decided to buy the weanling. I can keep him at my parents house for free, but since I'm living away from home (attending school), I wouldn't get to see him often enough. So I'm looking in my area for affordable boarding facilities. Anybody know of any in the Guelph area?
quote:
Originally posted by mtn rider

welcome to the forums!

Ok, so this conversation got me to thinking, how small is the world now, with the internet.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO,
either of you happen to know Jason & Kathy White, thamesford ont, white willow equestrian????
I have a good friend that keeps 2 horses at their farm, and works for them.

Thamesford is only about 50 miles east of us. We know of Kathy as she sometimes shows at the Red Valley Saddle Club in Strathroy we have shown our horses. There is a show this Sunday May 14 that we are getting prepared for. Hook will show in Barrels, Poles and down and back and Mrs Hook will show Profit in English & Western Pleasure classes.
Hook(ed)......on Horses

quote:

Hi mtn rider! Yes, it is a small world (at least here in Canada!). I don't know those particular friends, but I wouldn't be surprised if I knew any of your friends closer to where I live.
I have decided to buy the weanling. I can keep him at my parents house for free, but since I'm living away from home (attending school), I wouldn't get to see him often enough. So I'm looking in my area for affordable boarding facilities. Anybody know of any in the Guelph area?

If you PM your new address I will forward a copy of the latest Horse Trader that lists boarding places. We do know some folks near Woodstock if that seems close enough for you.
Hook(ed)......on Horses

Hi Hook! Sorry I haven't PM'ed you yet for the Horse Trader - I have been busy with moving, looking at boarding facilities, getting my mom's standarbreds home, and putting a deposit in on my baby yesterday! Yup, I am buying him! I have found a boarding facility only 10 minutes from my house too, and it's a private barn so it is nice and quiet (and affordable!). I took some new pictures yesterday and today, so if any of them turned out, I'll post a new one (he didn't like his new halter as much as I do!). I also got the name of his sire - Inconclusive Dream, and dam - Coosita, so I'm trying to think of a name for him. It's so hard! I looked up their pedigrees and am trying to make something of them. If anyone has any suggestions, let me know!!
quote:

Hi Hook! Sorry I haven't PM'ed you yet for the Horse Trader - I have been busy with moving, looking at boarding facilities, getting my mom's standarbreds home, and putting a deposit in on my baby yesterday! Yup, I am buying him! I have found a boarding facility only 10 minutes from my house too, and it's a private barn so it is nice and quiet (and affordable!). I took some new pictures yesterday and today, so if any of them turned out, I'll post a new one (he didn't like his new halter as much as I do!). I also got the name of his sire - Inconclusive Dream, and dam - Coosita, so I'm trying to think of a name for him. It's so hard! I looked up their pedigrees and am trying to make something of them. If anyone has any suggestions, let me know!!

Congratulations on your decision. I think you will be very happy with him.

I am going to London today so I will pick up a copy of the latest Horse trader from Greenhawk to send you when I get your address.

How about " A Coozy Dream" with Dreams as a barn name. Profit's mom is our "Dreams"
Hook(ed)......on Horses