Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gad, I love the smell of the bush!
OTW,

If you're driving a short distance and taking a short ride, there shouldn't be any problems with graining Cloud in the morning.

I'm in the minority of those who do not grain their horses prior to trailering and trail riding, but I do this on the advice from my vet.

Appygirl

Man does not have the only memory,
The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,
If you know how to listen, they will tell you many things.
- Claude Kuwanijuma - Hopi Spiritual leader

Loved your poem, Appy! It really captures the spirit of an early morning ride. My favorite memory of riding is still the morning after I got Vern, my first horse, 2 summers ago. I knew nothing about horses, didn't know anything about riding, and barely knew how to saddle and bridle. I got up at 4 am I was so excited, went over to the farm and saddled and bridled Vern by myself (first time I had ever saddle and bridled a horse with no help), and then rode out by myslef on the farm for about two glorious hours as the day began. It was so calming and peaceful and idyllic...just me, Vern, the quiet of the morning, and the rythmic creaking of my new, stiff saddle. I will never forget that ride. Your poem took me there again. Thank you.

Flooper

"I'm a man. I can change. If I have to. I guess."
The Man's Prayer from the Red Green Show
Floop,

I am happy my poem re-ignited that memory for you. Riding out early and watching the sun come up is simply........devine! On one morning jaunt, Hi-Grey and I stood on a bluff and watched the sun rise over the hilltops. Hi-Grey, with his ears pricked up and his head raised high, was watching it with as much interest as I. It would have been a wonderful photo opportunity, but that danged squirrely squirrel couldn't figure out how to operate my digital camera. ;o)
Appygirl

The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,

quote:
Originally posted by appygirl

OTW,

If you're driving a short distance and taking a short ride, there shouldn't be any problems with graining Cloud in the morning.

I'm in the minority of those who do not grain their horses prior to trailering and trail riding, but I do this on the advice from my vet.

Appygirl

The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,

quote:
Originally posted by FLOOPER

Loved your poem, Appy! It really captures the spirit of an early morning ride. My favorite memory of riding is still the morning after I got Vern, my first horse, 2 summers ago. I knew nothing about horses, didn't know anything about riding, and barely knew how to saddle and bridle. I got up at 4 am I was so excited, went over to the farm and saddled and bridled Vern by myself (first time I had ever saddle and bridled a horse with no help), and then rode out by myslef on the farm for about two glorious hours as the day began. It was so calming and peaceful and idyllic...just me, Vern, the quiet of the morning, and the rythmic creaking of my new, stiff saddle. I will never forget that ride. Your poem took me there again. Thank you.

Where's the "like" button!!
"There is something about the outside of a horse...that is good for the inside of a man." ~Winston Churchill~