Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gad, I love the smell of the bush!
Took a couple fo friends to the trans canada trail today.
Well, a section of it anyway. Nice trail, mostly level, dirt packed footing. This part parallels a river, in the bush about 50 to 100 yards from it. Lots of moss covered trees, creeks to cross, grassy spots along the way. Water channels, so clear and clean, beaver ponds, with freshly down trees, beaver "chips" around the base.

It was t shirt weather, even in the shade. Got kinda warm in the sun, when we hit clearings. The air was so fresh & had that smell, that you only find in the rainforest bush.

What a perfect day.
I could never live in the city.
I love my life!
Sounds like another piece of "Heaven"
Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Sounds wonderful, rider.

That smell of the forest here is wonderful too. We have some huge pine in groves along the trails that scent the air. The earthy smell of the hardwoods and the scent of water around the creeks is subtle but is there.

Makes one almost feel sorry for the city folks.
Karen ~ Trails  
  &
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."
[Image: th_horse-galloping.gif]  

~~~~~~
Yep...this time of year the air is delightful. I don't know what they were, but on the trails we rode this weekend there were a bunch of little brushy things with white blossoms on them...and their fragrance was just so beautiful. Made the ride that much better.
Flooper

"I'm a man. I can change. If I have to. I guess."
The Man's Prayer from the Red Green Show
quote:
Originally posted by PaintGal

Sounds wonderful, rider.

That smell of the forest here is wonderful too. We have some huge pine in groves along the trails that scent the air. The earthy smell of the hardwoods and the scent of water around the creeks is subtle but is there.

Makes one almost feel sorry for the city folks.

City folk[Big Grin][Big Grin][Big Grin]!!! I have to laugh at your comment, PG. When I was leaving work at 11:00 pm Friday night, one of the younger guys (He just turned 21 last winter), told me jokingly not to do anything wild this weekend. Since he's now 21, he's been staying up half the night almost every night in Ft. Wayne at all the strip clubs. He thinks what I do for fun is pretty dumb and a waste of time (Picture my eyes turned upward[Wink]). I doubt if he'd ever appreciate the granduer and beauty of nature in the forest[xx(]. Poor guy[Sad][:o)][Wink]!
"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses"
--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown
Dagnabit, I'm jealous. Have four inches of new snow right now, and still snowing heavy. Woke this morning and had to check the calendar!
Cody: 18 year old bay QH
Badger: 20 year old sorrel QH
Flooper...
Sounds like you saw and smelled what we did. Such a wonderful scent. Wish I knew what it was!
Below is what I like about my ride into the lap of Mom's Nature . . . This is a poem I wrote when Hi-Grey and I set out on a peaceful early morning's ride when we were waiting for the rest of the camping gang to wake up.

MORNING RIDE

As the morning sun tops the hills
Exhaled breath visible in the chill.
Tightened girth and reins in hand
I set out to explore this nature land.

A symphony of sound, no need to speak
Accented by the cadence of leather squeak.
Orchestrating the dance of morning light
Awakening a new day from the night.

Horse and rider become one
As we follow the rising sun.
Riding high upon the trail
Spying the flick of a deer's white tail.

Spied by a squirrel sitting in a tree
A welcoming 'good morning' chattered to me.
Wildflowers glisten with the morning dew.
As my memory inhales this wonderful view.

Quietly we move along the path
The tree canopy bathed with morning's bath.
As the light filters into the forest deep
I know this is a memory I will always keep.

~Darlene M. Cox~

Appygirl

Man does not have the only memory,
The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,
If you know how to listen, they will tell you many things.
- Claude Kuwanijuma - Hopi Spiritual leader

Appy Girl, This poem is neat. I can feel the ride and the morning when I read it. Ever thought of publishing a book of poems? Certainly would add some focus and would sure be interesting. Sign me up for the first autographed copy.
Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Whaaattt???? You think you haven't done or can't do anything??? Girl....you can write and capture the moment! How beautiful was that???? Can I get a BOOMSHAKALAKA!!! Really...great poem and thanks for my early ride this morning! I can even smell it! Thanks!