Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hook's Homestead
At home today watching Flash on Horse TV. Mrs Hook taking a break and gone to town. Was browsing My Picture and found this shot of our place. Thought you might want to see my part of southern Ontario.

[Image: IMG_3652.jpg]

Very nice[^]! How much of that surrounding land is yours, Hook?
"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses"
--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown
quote:
Originally posted by Red Hawk

Very nice[^]! How much of that surrounding land is yours, Hook?

Just the three acres that is fenced. I do have a deal with the neighbour across the road for 10 acres or so where we harvest most of my hay.

One thing that is nice is that there is a full riding path that is mowed two horses wide around 400 acres with some trees and a ravine with a creek. I can do may "sissy" trail riding from home.
Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Very nice layout. Great looking barn. I love those old farmhouses, too. They don't make 'em like that anymore. How old is your house?
"You learn a thing a day, you store up smart" - Festus Haggen

"A man’s soul can’t be hidden,
From the creatures in his care." -
Hard Candy Cowboy by Debra Meyer

quote:
Originally posted by hmeyer

Very nice layout. Great looking barn. I love those old farmhouses, too. They don't make 'em like that anymore. How old is your house?

When we renovated I stripped the walls down to the studs and found newspapers dated 1903 so I think it was probably built in the late 1800s. The porch and the east wing of the house are new.

A lot of cash crops in my area. Mainly corn and soybeans alternating. Lots of deer in the ravine, sometimes see a herd of a dozen or so, wild Turkeys and Canada Geese nest in the ravine too.
Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Hey that's a very nice layout. You are blessed to have such land. Even if they are "sissy" trails. Smile
Beautiful, Hook. It actually looks very similar to many of the farms here in Iowa. I think you'd feel right at home in my state.
Flooper

"I'm a man. I can change. If I have to. I guess."
The Man's Prayer from the Red Green Show
Wow! Neat! Thanks for sharing!

<font face="Tahoma"><font color="teal">"In the steady gaze of the horse shines a silent eloquence that speaks of love and loyalty, strength and courage. It is the window that reveals to us how willing is his spirit, how generous his heart."

"The horse, gives you the freedom from all life's challenges." H.Z.</font id="teal"></font id="Tahoma">

Hook , wow! Beautiful place! Curious, when a home is that old, how in the world do you keep it up? Geez, mine hit 20 and no kidding, something major seems to break on a monthly basis. Can't beat the charm of an old home like yours. I'd take your sissy trails any day.......just beautiful country.
Beautiful place, Hook!! I just love the old farm houses and that barn is way up on the "Nice" scale! [Wink]
Karen ~ Trails  
  &
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."
[Image: th_horse-galloping.gif]  

~~~~~~