Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hooray For Spring (Bah-Hum-Bug)
[Image: snow1.jpg]
Only thing growing around here seems to be yard sticks. View next to an Adirondack chair. Says "17 inches" but there is more hard-packed snow under the yard stick. Guessing total (so far) is about 2 feet.

[Image: snow2_1.jpg]
View of the old sheep barn etc. Dark image under the little Ponderosa pine is Cody munching on hay. He doesn't seem to mind the snow.

[Image: snow3.jpg]
My old two-horse trailer doesn't look so horrid with a good covering of snow. Anyone for a trail ride? Hitch her up, let's go!

This winter has been really open with a total of six inches. Then spring came and we get THIS. Blizzard conditions for the last several days and still brewing.
Do you have to put snowshoes on your 150lb chicken? [Big Grin]

Termite
Happy First Day of SPRING!!

We've got a couple of inches of snow and that's too much!
Karen ~ Trails  
  &
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."
[Image: th_horse-galloping.gif]  

~~~~~~
My gosh! I better stop whining about the rain sprinkles and mud! Mud must be something to contend with when all that melts! Stay warm!
Oh Boy!!! Just got in from chores, that was not fun this morning.... thankfully most of the early snow has packed down, so only go up to my knees today.
Termite: that silly chicken seems to like snow, she is busy making little emu snow angels. She hid out in her barn during the worst of it, but is now out wandering around.... and I gave her heck for going out without her ear muffs. (what ears???)
[Image: snow4.jpg]

Cody is doing fine with all of this. I am impressed that he doesn't seem to be getting the snow build-up on his feet. Have had some horses in the past that have huge snow-stilts on their hooves that have to be knocked off. I'm wondering if the type of hoof trim has anything to do with less build-up? (barefoot, 'natural' trim)
[Image: snow5.jpg]

[Image: snow6.jpg]

"It's always in the last place you look." Cody trying to help me find his feed pan under all of this.

We have had seven years of drought, so think most of this will be soaked in pretty fast. Been so long, not exactly sure... what IS mud?
I'm so glad I live in Kentucky.....Happy Spring! ;o)
Appygirl

Man does not have the only memory,
The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,
If you know how to listen, they will tell you many things.
- Claude Kuwanijuma - Hopi Spiritual leader