Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tracking Ride Time
Ah, perfect, now I know what to do with those cheap calendars you get from local businesses. Count me in!

'plash
I use those calenders to record how much hay I've used, vet visits, shoes, baths, sheath cleanings, notes on behavior if abnormal...all sorts of stuff!
Karen ~ Trails  
  &
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."
[Image: th_horse-galloping.gif]  

~~~~~~
Wow, I thought y'all were kidding about a possible saddle prize, that would be awesome!

I'm thinking I could saddle up, ride over to where I left a bale of hay on the ground and read a book. Probably good for a couple of hours. [Big Grin] It takes them about 10 minutes a day to eat grain, so sitting on them for that. I can ride them in from the pasture to the barn, so that's seven minutes a week. I'm racking up time already! [}Smile]
*Riding smoothly with Spotted Saddle Horses "Thunder" and "Sugar"*
You do realize that someone will have to make out forms and send them to the participants and that someone will also have to keep track of everyone's hours... and the money if there is to be a fee for entering the program. PG, you're the one who suggested this. Are you up to the task of being the DE Saddle Log hours keeper?

I do think the hours ought to be awarded to the rider if you're going to do this, but I do think that the horses that will be ridden ought to be enrolled into the program. These horses should be listed on the log sheets and these horses only used to accumulate hours once said horses are enrolled for the year. I would also like to suggest possibly that the horses must be owned by the rider.

If this is the be an on-going program, it will take work to refine the rules and details. You will be surprised at how many little loop holes can crop up if they aren't plugged. Everything will have to be covered. Something else that I think ought to be added is driving. I feel that driving a horse in harness is every bit as important as riding, and several DE members drive their horses. I think these hours should be allowed into the program, too.

So this is going to be on the merit system and done to reach certain goals instead of a competition? Actually, now that I think about it. I don't see any other way it can be done. If it's who gets the most hours in, anyone can write down anything on the saddle log to win. Yes, I do believe it will have to be for each individual to reach a certain number of hours and have some kind of award once that goal is reached. JMHO

"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses"
--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown
Dang RH.

I figured you can keep your hours on a scrap peice of paper & then total them up & email me (or whomever) the number of hours once a month. If somebody wants a form then find one online or make your own. This is just for fun...lets keep it that way.

If you want to include riding in a buggy that's fine with me if everyone else agrees. I don't know about watching Desperate HW while sitting in a saddle hanging on the arm of a couch though. ROFL!!
Karen ~ Trails  
  &
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."
[Image: th_horse-galloping.gif]  

~~~~~~
Man, count me in too. What a good motivation for those days I'm just too tired to get my butt out to the stables. I like the idea of it being a personal goals thing. That way there's no reason to fudge, not that anyone here would[Big Grin][Big Grin].
Great idea PG!
A good rider has a thinking mind, fine emotions and a sensitive hand.-Tu Yu,72 BC

One question though... do we have to stop the clock if we have an unschedueled dismount? Can we just confess it on the GTA page?[Big Grin]
A good rider has a thinking mind, fine emotions and a sensitive hand.-Tu Yu,72 BC

I think there should be some compensatory minutes added to time for unscheduled dismounts! Might be the only way to keep me in the running....[Tongue]

Hot Dawg count me in I have 4 horse to ride. Since I am officially retired now I can ride a bunch every day.
Lets see.
India 1 hour a day because she is semi retired(21 years old).
Sky 2 hours s day of Gaited horse bliss.
Sassy 1 hour a day as see is still learning and is a hand full of hot blooded Arabian.
Saraphina 1 hour a day also See sassy above.
Sky another hour just because she is so smooth.
6hrx365days=2190 hours per year.
OK JUST KIDDING ON THIS ONE. but do count me in for 2009
Rick
Sassy the 15 year old Arab thinks she is hot stuff, Loving memory of India Diamond the 23 year old Arab . Sky the 15 old TWH knows she is pretty and flaunts it all the time. Sarphina has finally adjusted to all the Diva's. Color Me Fancy the coming 3 year old is trying to become lead Diva.
Count me in.. actually the free online horse management software I use has a section for training that I log ride times in and goals or changes so I can see how we have been doing with the young mare and what kind of exercise the horses have gotten. But I imagine anything would work. Many of my barn friends have a calendar hanging on the feed door and they jot down their ride times by day.
Laurie
Andalusians NW,
Ridgefield, WA
Green+Green=black & blue(treasure the knowledge of an experienced horse)