Daily Equine Forums

Full Version: Joker - QH Appendix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well...these are not the best pictures in the world of him, but eh. -Shrugs-


I took this pic of Joker last Saturday. He's at the trainers and should be home next week. Any comments?
[Image: joke.jpg]

In this one, Joker is giving th trainer's dogs an evil look. [Tongue]
[Image: 58cfccd2.jpg]

And finally, Joker goofin' off for the camera.
[Image: joke3.jpg]
http://timberlinedude.bravehost.com/

Here you'll see a much bigger picture. Oh and btw, he's not dirty. lol He's just that color.
I'm not knowledgable enough to judge conformation, but he is a nice looking feller.
Will be interested to hear how he does when he gets home.
quote:
Originally posted by hmeyer

I'm not knowledgable enough to judge conformation, but he is a nice looking feller.
Will be interested to hear how he does when he gets home.




Thanks, hmeyer.
Yeah, I'll be interested to see how he does myself. He comes home monday, and I can't wait. [8)]
Check out the conformation Basics link and see if you can apply it to Joker. I will be pleased to help you if you run into some problems.

http://www.dailyequine.com/forums/topic....IC_ID=3045

Joker looks like a nice boy.
Hmm...lets see if I get this right. [Wink]

Joker is a two year old, 15.3hh gelding. Overall he seems to have good balance, having both a good coat and skin. His shoulders are level with his hips, but he seems to be heavier in his front than in his hindquarters. Possibly because of his thoroughbred lineage?
His neck is smooth flowing into his withers and he has a smooth bottom line. His shoulders seem to have a slight raise, almost like a 'hump', seen, once again, mostly in thoroughbreds. His head is proportioned to his body, not being too small or too large and he has a trim, clean throatlatch. His neck is a little more on the thick side, not being as slender nor as long. He has a nice, smooth front and long, thick legs. He's a very comfortable ride and has very smooth gaits.
Overall, a good young horse, but I think he'd do much better in performance than Western Pleasure.
quote:
Originally posted by TheMadHatter

Hmm...lets see if I get this right. [Wink]

Joker is a two year old, 15.3hh gelding. Overall he seems to have good balance, having both a good coat and skin. His shoulders are level with his hips, but he seems to be heavier in his front than in his hindquarters. Possibly because of his thoroughbred lineage?
His neck is smooth flowing into his withers and he has a smooth bottom line. His shoulders seem to have a slight raise, almost like a 'hump', seen, once again, mostly in thoroughbreds. His head is proportioned to his body, not being too small or too large and he has a trim, clean throatlatch. His neck is a little more on the thick side, not being as slender nor as long. He has a nice, smooth front and long, thick legs. He's a very comfortable ride and has very smooth gaits.
Overall, a good young horse, but I think he'd do much better in performance than Western Pleasure.



Good job of applying conformation basics to Joker. Maybe you could do another post of him so we can see how he is developing.
Joker is only two, so I think he's going through that awkward stage. Some horses look unbalanced at that age, and in his case his shoulders seem more developed than his back end. I am guessing he'll grow into those shoulders as he matures.

What is his breeding?

quote:
Originally posted by Horseylady

Joker is only two, so I think he's going through that awkward stage. Some horses look unbalanced at that age, and in his case his shoulders seem more developed than his back end. I am guessing he'll grow into those shoulders as he matures.

What is his breeding?





Quarter horse and Thoroughbred.
All the QHs on his sire's side are mostly roping horses. I don't think any are foundation bred though.
His dam's side has a lot of thoroughbred race horses. Native Dancer, Crafty Admiral, War Admiral, Man O War. Almost every horse on his dam's side has won some kind of race. Three Bars is also closely related.
He has more Thoroughbred than Quarter Horse, which shows in his appearance, but his nature is very docile like a Quarter Horse.
Then you have a really fast horse with a great temperment. How nice! I think he looks sweet...I love that picture where he's looking over the fence. Like he's saying "got any treats?"
Pages: 1 2