Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Discussions
 General Information
 Unwanted Horse or a Runaway? Uh Oh I did it AGAIN!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Jinxnwv
Advanced Rider

USA
477 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2008 :  09:47:30 AM  Show Profile Send Jinxnwv a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You realy seem to be attracting this sort of stuff! LOL Maybe you can start a side bussiness on animal care education in your area. Sounds like it is needed. Just a thought LOL . I think you did very and by the grace of God she wasnt a mean person. Koodoos Again ILJ!!!

Later Bye Bye
Love & Respect your horse & they will do the same for you!
Go to Top of Page

LindaOz
Trainer

USA
534 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2008 :  3:02:50 PM  Show Profile Send LindaOz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
She never got angry she just looked confused and shocked

Society needs to break the circle of animal neglect and abuse. It obviously can't be left for parents to teach their kids, as this is where they learn to neglect. I have strongly felt that animal care and maintenance should be included in school curriculums!

Way to go, ILG. I promise not to mess with ya!

Linda
Go to Top of Page

beaglegirl
Groomer

USA
22 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2008 :  10:21:56 PM  Show Profile Send beaglegirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Some people have the best intentions getting animals but just don't know what it takes to care for them, they just don't do the research. It is good that you had the guts to let her know the animals were not in good health. You were telling her something the donkeys could not. Good for you!

"The best thing for the inside of a man is the outside of a horse."
Go to Top of Page

ILoveJoe
Clinician

USA
2499 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2008 :  12:13:46 AM  Show Profile Send ILoveJoe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LindaOz

quote:
She never got angry she just looked confused and shocked

Society needs to break the circle of animal neglect and abuse. It obviously can't be left for parents to teach their kids, as this is where they learn to neglect. I have strongly felt that animal care and maintenance should be included in school curriculums!

Way to go, ILG. I promise not to mess with ya!

That is a good idea actually. This county is so rural and agriculturally based that probably a program through the county extension would really affect a large bit of the population.

I do seem to attract strays, I can't help it.

I'll have to think of an appropriate catchy name for our farm.
Strays R' Us Acres or something.
Go to Top of Page

Montezrider
Clinician

USA
1284 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2008 :  08:17:21 AM  Show Profile Send Montezrider a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ILJ, You have a heart of gold, and I think you did just right.

Your place does seem to be a sort of underground railroad.

A good rider has a thinking mind, fine emotions and a sensitive hand.-Tu Yu,72 BC

Edited by - Montezrider on 06/15/2008 08:19:29 AM
Go to Top of Page

ILoveJoe
Clinician

USA
2499 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2016 :  8:13:42 PM  Show Profile Send ILoveJoe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What is it with Miniature critters ending up at my house??
On September the 10th I was outside, minding my own business when my neighbor flagged me down and asked "did you get pigs?"
Stupid me, stupid stupid, says "No, but I always wanted one!"
So now I have two mini pigs dubbed Lois and Stewie.

So the former chicken coop is now a 'pig pen' literally.

.....Edited to fix pics!.....

Edited by - PaintGal on 12/28/2016 8:23:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2016 :  8:24:05 PM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Your pigs are at least cute. The one that adopted us is just a hog.

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

ILoveJoe
Clinician

USA
2499 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2016 :  8:34:44 PM  Show Profile Send ILoveJoe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PaintGal

Your pigs are at least cute. The one that adopted us is just a hog.

Don't let Angelina Jowlie hear you call her a hog!

Go to Top of Page

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2016 :  05:29:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They are cute little guys.

Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2016 :  09:29:12 AM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Isn't it funny how one remembers the day certain events that changed their lives? Candance remembers the day her pigs showed up and I remember the day we were picked by the hog that lives here now! Oct. 22nd was the fateful day that Angie landed in our yard. Our fenced yard. With the gates closed.

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

Chuck
Forum Admin

USA
1265 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2016 :  09:43:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Chuck's Homepage Send Chuck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Isn't it funny how one remembers the day certain events that changed their lives? Candance remembers the day her pigs showed up and I remember the day we were picked by the hog that lives here now! Oct. 22nd was the fateful day that Angie landed in our yard. Our fenced yard. With the gates closed.

I don't know...I'd be tempted to "celebrate" that day a year later with a nice party ... maybe serve pulled pork...or a nice roast.

Chuck

Horse Saddle Shop

http://www.horsesaddleshop.com
Go to Top of Page

ILoveJoe
Clinician

USA
2499 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2016 :  7:39:42 PM  Show Profile Send ILoveJoe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck

quote:

I don't know...I'd be tempted to "celebrate" that day a year later with a nice party ... maybe serve pulled pork...or a nice roast.

Yum! As long as it's not a mini roast!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000