Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Creative, fun and entertaining
 HAA, GTA and others....
 Another dang Horse
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

BethAnn
Trainer

USA
864 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2012 :  3:45:37 PM  Show Profile Send BethAnn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just a quick update. Blind stallion is now in a new home! It has been a couple of weeksand no complaints but I was straight up about what they were getting.
Sally is starting to look pretty good! She is all healed up and running in small bursts. She has grown 4 inches long and 2 inches higher. Hard to get weight on them in a growing spurt, let alone with one that was in such bad shape.

BethAnn Stewart
Palmyra,Indiana

Lovie-gypsy vanner
Lad- Clydesdale

Do not take up the warpath without a just cause and honest purpose. Pushmataha-Choctow leader
Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2012 :  8:01:49 PM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good job, Beth! Where are the pics?? ;)

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

Red Hawk
Clinician

USA
5092 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2012 :  10:51:48 AM  Show Profile Send Red Hawk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hope you can get some pics up soon. I can't wait to see how much she's improved and so glad she has energy enough to run now. That's quite a change from that poor starved filly you brought home .

"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses"
--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown
Go to Top of Page

BethAnn
Trainer

USA
864 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2012 :  09:17:37 AM  Show Profile Send BethAnn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am having a artist do a drawing of her and will post that when I get it. Will be a bit before I can get pictures up but will soon. Have a surprise up my sleeve so will post all at the same time. I will be with out a riding horse soon and I am OK with that, as will be starting Lovie very slowly after X-rays to make sure her knees are done. She is my favorite and I am willing to wait for her!

BethAnn Stewart
Palmyra,Indiana

Lovie-gypsy vanner
Lad- Clydesdale

Do not take up the warpath without a just cause and honest purpose. Pushmataha-Choctow leader
Go to Top of Page

BethAnn
Trainer

USA
864 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2013 :  05:59:42 AM  Show Profile Send BethAnn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I found Sally the rescue a home. Reality sunk in and I don't need 3 horses and she went to a good home. Mark has left his job to try and make a go at his photography and had to do some dollar crunching.

BethAnn Stewart
Palmyra,Indiana

Lovie-gypsy vanner
Lad- Clydesdale

Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2013 :  09:12:50 AM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm glad you found Sally a good home! Now you can concentrate on Lovie & Lad. What a combo!

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

Red Hawk
Clinician

USA
5092 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2013 :  09:44:45 AM  Show Profile Send Red Hawk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PaintGal

I'm glad you found Sally a good home! Now you can concentrate on Lovie & Lad. What a combo!

I couldn't agree more. I'm just glad I don't have to deal with all that long hair around my horses feet .

Good work Beth on saving that poor filly's life and placing her. I hope you're breathing easier now .

--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown
Go to Top of Page

BethAnn
Trainer

USA
864 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2013 :  6:22:48 PM  Show Profile Send BethAnn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am happy with my 2! I love the drafts! Learned how to oil feathers the other day. Not the funnest job but wanna try and keep the feathers!

BethAnn Stewart
Palmyra,Indiana

Lovie-gypsy vanner
Lad- Clydesdale

Go to Top of Page

EZ2SPOT
Clinician

USA
3785 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2013 :  6:39:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit EZ2SPOT's Homepage Send EZ2SPOT a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What is "oil feathers"?

EZ2SPOT
Go to Top of Page

BethAnn
Trainer

USA
864 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2013 :  05:25:43 AM  Show Profile Send BethAnn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Gotta take mineral oil and sulphur mix and coat the feathers to keep them healthy and not hold things in them such as mud. It is nasty and smelly work but love running my fingers through all of the hair on the clydesdale! It also helps prevent scratches! Instead of pure sulpher I use MTG.

BethAnn Stewart
Palmyra,Indiana

Lovie-gypsy vanner
Lad- Clydesdale

Go to Top of Page

Red Hawk
Clinician

USA
5092 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2013 :  4:42:43 PM  Show Profile Send Red Hawk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by EZ2SPOT

What is "oil feathers"?

EZ2SPOT

The long hair that covers the hooves on a Clydesdale are called "feathers" .

--Robert Browning

-- Author Unknown
Go to Top of Page

EZ2SPOT
Clinician

USA
3785 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2013 :  7:52:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit EZ2SPOT's Homepage Send EZ2SPOT a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know that, but I don't understand about oiling them. Woudln't that create quite a mess??

EZ2SPOT
Go to Top of Page

BethAnn
Trainer

USA
864 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2013 :  05:58:41 AM  Show Profile Send BethAnn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually it doesn't. It just helps to keep mud and ice balls from sticking. It also helps with keeping away scratches(think that is what it is called). Fungus is also controlled!Washes out easy for shows and is absorbed pretty quickly .Doesen't even look oily.
As of yesterday only 2 horses here! Yaaaaaa........Lovie was upset with her buddy leaving but Lad was to busy enjoying not getting ran out of his stall!
I wonder if a gypsy or a clyde has ever done endurance? Hum.....

BethAnn Stewart
Palmyra,Indiana

Lovie-gypsy vanner
Lad- Clydesdale

Go to Top of Page

EZ2SPOT
Clinician

USA
3785 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2013 :  1:22:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit EZ2SPOT's Homepage Send EZ2SPOT a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for explaining, Beth! I was having visions of you squirting motor oil or something into the horses' legs!

EZ2SPOT
Go to Top of Page

farmgirl
Beginning Rider

116 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2013 :  7:00:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit farmgirl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
it is a good thing you rescued
the horse from there!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000