Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Creative, fun and entertaining
 Saddle Shop Corral
 Free lease
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

ILoveJoe
Clinician

USA
2499 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2017 :  02:46:31 AM  Show Profile Send ILoveJoe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone!
I'm thinking about Free Leasing Rocky to someone who wants a horse but can't afford one, he will stay at m house so whoever is interested would be coming here to ride and work with him.
I have never done this and wonder what I should ask of anyone interested and how would I advertise for this?

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2017 :  03:39:36 AM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just throwing out some questions: Would he be suitable for someone in 4H? If a kid turns out to be who would ride him, would you want a parent to stay while the kid is riding? Whose tack would be used? What if Rocky came up lame after a ride? Would you let him leave the property to be trail ridden or shown? What if whoever leases him brings someone else to ride him? Can he/she ride if you aren't there?

I have no idea about the legal aspects or if your insurance would cover you in the case of an accident.

I would bet there are lease agreements already drawn up that you could pattern one after but I think I'd run it past a lawyer first.

I hope it works out and you can find someone to ride him. Keep us posted!

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000