Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Discussions
 General Information
 Favorite Riding Discipline??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

barrelracer1163
Groomer

USA
22 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2017 :  11:41:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit barrelracer1163's Homepage Send barrelracer1163 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What is your favorite riding discipline?

With my horses I do a lot of trail riding and some barrel racing!

Would love to see your riding discipline photos and stories!

Rachael, Sales Expert @ HorseSaddleShop.com

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6111 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2017 :  7:11:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here is one of my favourite photos of Hookie and I after running home from as barrel pattern.

Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5298 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2017 :  6:41:07 PM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Many moons ago, I chased cans and poles and absolutely loved it. I also trail rode my barrel and pole horses way back then. I've been in a drill team which was a blast and really made my horse and me a better team. I pretty much trail ride exclusively now and love every second I'm in the saddle!

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

Red Hawk
Clinician

USA
5092 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2017 :  5:33:27 PM  Show Profile Send Red Hawk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Depends on the horse what saddle I ride in. I loved riding my retired Appaloosa, Dove, in a hunt seat saddle. But my foundation Appaloosa mare, Terra, just isn't the type for that kind of riding. She's much more comfortable to ride in my western saddle... mainly on trails.

Ginger

"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses"
--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown
Go to Top of Page

barrelracer1163
Groomer

USA
22 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2017 :  4:28:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit barrelracer1163's Homepage Send barrelracer1163 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Your horse Hookie is beautiful! :)

Rachael, Sales Expert @ HorseSaddleShop.com
Go to Top of Page

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6111 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2017 :  05:00:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Rachel

quote:
Originally posted by barrelracer1163

Your horse Hookie is beautiful! :)

Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000