Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Discussions
 General Information
 Helmet Questions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2017 :  11:10:05 AM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's time for a new helmet. My newest one is probably 8 years old or older and I noticed some of the plastic pieces that hold it together are starting to tear. I have the Troxel Sierra and many times forget I have it on so will probably buy that one again but wanted opinions on the Cheyenne model.

Is there anything different about the design or materials used that make it $50 better than the Sierra? I love the way it looks but I don't see it on top of my head and I'm not concerned about what others think.

Here is the Sierra:

This is the Cheyenne:

I see that HorseSaddleShop has the Sierra but didn't see the Cheyenne model.

and for those that don't wear helmets...

This guy was not wearing a helmet when he parted ways with his horse just a couple of weeks ago. He was hospitalized overnight but fortunately does not appear to have serious injuries. Look at that bump on his head! I don't know the details of what happened to cause the unscheduled dismount.

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."

~~~~~~

ILoveJoe
Clinician

USA
2499 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2017 :  2:54:34 PM  Show Profile Send ILoveJoe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like the stitching on the Cheyenne.

Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2017 :  7:04:38 PM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ILoveJoe

I like the stitching on the Cheyenne.

ME TOO!! But I don't know that I like it $50 more. I guess I can rationalize though... if I can use it 5 years, that's only 10 a year more. Dividing that out by # of rides... hmmmm.... average 1/week - 10 (maybe)... so 42. 10/42 = .24...

Sounds reasonable to me!

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2017 :  7:39:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looks to me the difference is just updated cosmetics. But hey, life is short. Go for it!

Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

hmeyer
Clinician

USA
2194 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2017 :  12:55:16 AM  Show Profile Send hmeyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My head is shaped like that naturally.

"You learn a thing a day, you store up smart" - Festus Haggen

"A manís soul canít be hidden,
From the creatures in his care." -
Hard Candy Cowboy by Debra Meyer

Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2017 :  10:32:20 AM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hmeyer

My head is shaped like that naturally.

HA! I remember when you were knocked out at MTR! Scary for all of us.

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2017 :  2:35:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I remember that too! Glad everything worked out okay.

Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson

Edited by - Hook on 01/29/2017 2:35:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

hmeyer
Clinician

USA
2194 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2017 :  03:03:27 AM  Show Profile Send hmeyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow, thanks for the memories! There's been a lot of water under the bridge, many miles, and several broken bones since that memorable weekend!

"You learn a thing a day, you store up smart" - Festus Haggen

"A manís soul canít be hidden,
From the creatures in his care." -
Hard Candy Cowboy by Debra Meyer

Go to Top of Page

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2017 :  9:41:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hard to believe it was 10 years ago.

Hook(ed)......on Horses

Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2017 :  9:57:53 PM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
GOSH! 10 years ago? That was such a fun weekend once Harv got his marbles put back in order.

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000