Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Creative, fun and entertaining
 Poetry, Writing, Art & Photography
 C'mon Spring.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2015 :  05:39:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Now that it is March 01 and Daylight Savings Time only a week away, time to think about riding.

Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2015 :  6:13:12 PM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am ready for spring. BIG TIME! I'm tired of the white ground and nekkid trees. I need to see GREEN.

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

Dani
Beginning Rider

USA
138 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2015 :  4:57:30 PM  Show Profile Send Dani a Private Message  Reply with Quote
After all this cold and snow we finally get a couple warmer days and nights--and then I go out to feed this morning and the water in the barn is frozen!!! Why? I am so done with winter.
Go to Top of Page

fracturedbones
Clinician

3424 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2015 :  12:26:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit fracturedbones's Homepage Send fracturedbones a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Can't wait to come home and it is light out!

We just got a big rain...for us. Now I'll miss winter, everything is green for a change. On water restrictions because of the drought.

You all need some warm weather though. Saw a picture of this from Boston I think...really strange, a slurpee wave!
Hope it warms up for you all!

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/02/26/nearly-frozen-waves-captured-on-camera-by-nantucket-photographer/
Go to Top of Page

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2015 :  06:02:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Still winter out there, but Spring is only a couple weeks away.

The warm sun on the black metal roof is creating this huge icicle.

Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson

Edited by - Hook on 03/07/2015 06:04:41 AM
Go to Top of Page

fracturedbones
Clinician

3424 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2015 :  2:51:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit fracturedbones's Homepage Send fracturedbones a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Hook
Took this picture about the same day as your icy cold one! BTW, very cool icicle!

Spring in full swing, has been high 80s past couple of days: California poppies and iceplant:

These two are smiling about daylight savings time....more walks in the eve!

Wishing you all a warm spring!
Go to Top of Page

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2015 :  05:54:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Bones, That is a beautiful picture. We will be a while yet before we get that far along.

Here is a photo from March 21.

Hook(ed)......on Horses

Go to Top of Page

Dani
Beginning Rider

USA
138 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2015 :  07:18:48 AM  Show Profile Send Dani a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It was ten degrees here this morning. We had snow on the ground yesterday morning. I sure would like to see some flowers!!
Go to Top of Page

fracturedbones
Clinician

3424 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2015 :  11:28:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit fracturedbones's Homepage Send fracturedbones a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow Hook! Your snow sure melted fast!
How beautiful to see so much land without houses!!
The horses look happy too...

Dani...praying for sun for you!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000