Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Saddle and Tack Topics
 Saddle Brands
 Favorite Brand?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

SaddleExpert
Administrator

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2014 :  11:03:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit SaddleExpert's Homepage Send SaddleExpert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Anyone have a favorite brand they really love and stick with for your purchases?

Lately I've been drawn to the Cashel Saddles. The tree has just the right amount of flare in the bars for fit, and their construction is simple and durable. I wish everyone could try one!

walkinthewalk
Advanced Rider

USA
215 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2014 :  08:59:17 AM  Show Profile Send walkinthewalk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My favorite brand is the one that fits my horse.

I have ridden bareback the bulk of my life but had a Buena Vista Plantation saddle for those times I took my heart horse in parades - he was a Tennessee Walker.

I am second owner on an old Orthoflex that I would use on another TWH whenever somebody thought they were brave enough to ride him.

I also have an ancient and light weight Big Horn reining saddle that fits the narrower built horses.

I have a tanker of a Tennessee Walker that would need a custom saddle on a draft tree if he were still ridable.

My elder Arab has an ancient Arab cut saddle that has also served as a great breaking saddle for young horses back in the day.

Then there's the old Sears-Roebuck saddle/bridle/martengale mom bought for me (brand new) when I got my first horse back in 1959. It is still in BTA condition. About ten years ago, I sat on for old times sake. It was like sitting on a cement block and quickly went back under the covers in the attic

That was pretty much a "yes, I guess not" answer and not at all what you were looking for
Go to Top of Page

Mrs Hook
Trainer

Canada
862 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2014 :  7:36:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mrs Hook's Homepage Send Mrs Hook a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I guess my answer is pretty much the same as Walkinthewalk.

Lets see, we have 3 Tex Flex, one working and one show, one barrel, an old Simcoe, 2 Dakotas, a crates, a Bona Allan. Then the same motley selection of English saddles.

My latest is finding a western sidesaddle to fit Cruiser. So far I have 2 torn down to the tree saddles and another one - that hopefully fits - on the way. I do have a good Champion and Wilton English saddle.

I sat in a Cashel saddle a few years ago, and it was an interesting feel.

Mrs Hook's Riding Log

Go to Top of Page

Red Hawk
Clinician

USA
5092 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2014 :  1:47:48 PM  Show Profile Send Red Hawk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My favorite saddle? I rarely look at brand names first. I usually look for a well made saddle to fit the job I have in mind for my horse and then find one that will fit my horse so she can be comfortable performing what I have in mind. I rarely buy new, and doubt if I'll be buying another saddle in my lifetime unless something drastic happens to my current saddle. A good saddle should last a person (and the horse) a lifetime, and that's the way I feel about my horse and saddle at present. The saddle fits me and my horse, and I trail ride.

Also, the saddle I have now I bought back in the late 80's used. It has no identifying marks of any kind and is still in great shape for it's age. It's quite comfortable, and Terra has never been sore from it after hours a day on the trail. All I know is it's a barrel saddle with a rounded skirt, probably made in the early to mid 80's. It's the best saddle I've ever owned, and I'll probably be using it until it falls to pieces or I decide it's time to quit riding horses due to health or finances, whichever comes first.

I've got a used western Simco and a used English Corbette both for sale. If anyone's interested, email me privately for details.

"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses"
--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown
Go to Top of Page

SaddleExpert
Administrator

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2014 :  08:27:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit SaddleExpert's Homepage Send SaddleExpert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I love to hear the best brand is the one that fits!

Sometimes you can never have enough saddles, right?! :)
Go to Top of Page

walkinthewalk
Advanced Rider

USA
215 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2014 :  08:00:11 AM  Show Profile Send walkinthewalk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SaddleExpert

Sometimes you can never have enough saddles, right?! :)

<sigh> for someone that rarely used a saddle, I have seven up in the attic and that doesn't count some unique saddles that I bought and re-sold right away.

One was an original McClellan saddle that I gave a guy $20 for. I was meeting my friends for a beer and burger at the local roadhouse, when some guy stopped me and said he needed to sell the saddle.

Yes he did --- he needed beer money

I told him I never go to bars with more than $20, take it or leave it; he took it -lollol

I was broke but my horse riding friends bought my lunch. I took the saddle home, cleaned it up and found it a home with someone who would repair it and appreciate it, for what it was
Go to Top of Page

Red Hawk
Clinician

USA
5092 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2014 :  1:43:57 PM  Show Profile Send Red Hawk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I never own more saddles than I need. That's why I have two sitting around collecting dust... and the reason why they're both for sale. Time's are tough.

"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses"
--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown
Go to Top of Page

SaddleExpert
Administrator

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2014 :  08:33:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit SaddleExpert's Homepage Send SaddleExpert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by walkinthewalk

<sigh> for someone that rarely used a saddle, I have seven up in the attic and that doesn't count some unique saddles that I bought and re-sold right away.

One was an original McClellan saddle that I gave a guy $20 for. I was meeting my friends for a beer and burger at the local roadhouse, when some guy stopped me and said he needed to sell the saddle.

Yes he did --- he needed beer money

I told him I never go to bars with more than $20, take it or leave it; he took it -lollol

I was broke but my horse riding friends bought my lunch. I took the saddle home, cleaned it up and found it a home with someone who would repair it and appreciate it, for what it was

Haha! Why doesn't stuff like that ever happen to me?
Go to Top of Page

barrelracer1163
Groomer

USA
22 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2017 :  1:12:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit barrelracer1163's Homepage Send barrelracer1163 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Circle Y is my favorite! My parents bought me my first 13" circle y when I was 8! I still have that exact saddle to this day many years later in great shape, although it is too small for me, It's in perfect usable condition! Over the years since then and different horses I have bought 3 other circle Y's. They are so comfortable and quality made! My most recent purchase was March 2016 when I bought a Circle Y Tammy Fisher Treeless.

Rachael, Sales Expert @ HorseSaddleShop.com
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000