Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Saddle and Tack Topics
 Saddle Brands
 Circle Y Park and Trail, show, ??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kathyk
Tenderfoot

6 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2014 :  11:03:36 AM  Show Profile Send kathyk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm looking for a comfortable trail saddle. I am riding 3-4 times a week. I have been thinking about an older Circle Y Park and Trail, or a show saddle. Is there any difference in the two other than extra bling? Are the trees, leather, seat, etc, the same? There are none around for me to try out. Being a retired female, I need a light weight saddle, padded seat, and not real wide seat. Not sure about the flex trees as there seems to be a variety of negative comments on them. Anyone have any comments?
Kathy

kathyk
Tenderfoot

6 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2014 :  09:33:42 AM  Show Profile Send kathyk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Anyone?
Go to Top of Page

SaddleExpert
Administrator

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2014 :  9:14:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit SaddleExpert's Homepage Send SaddleExpert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Kathy,

Good question. Typically the show saddles have a lower horn and larger skirts. They're a little bit more heavy. I would suggest sticking with a trail or pleasure saddle.

We have a good selection of Used Saddles on our website.
http://www.horsesaddleshop.com/usedsaddles.html

Please let us know if we can get anything for you!

Happy Trails!
Go to Top of Page

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2014 :  07:04:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Kathy.

Welcome to the Forum.

In my experience, especially in older saddles the same tree is used in both and the difference is in the styling of the leather and the ornamentation.

If you can find a used pleasure saddle that fits you and your horse it shoud be fine.

Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

kathyk
Tenderfoot

6 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2014 :  5:19:39 PM  Show Profile Send kathyk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm having trouble finding a trail saddle with a wide tree. I found an Equitation saddle with a wide tree. I'm wondering if it will sit any different than a Park and Trail. Anyone know?
I don't know how old it is. Here is the serial number 28421508059502.
Kathy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000