Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Caring and Owning Horses
 Grooming and Health
 tight legg's
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Beginning Rider

116 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2014 :  8:34:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit farmgirl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My horse told by shoer.
Legg's front are getting stiff.
Does anyone know what this could be?
Oh i have been useing ligiment on legg's to.

Trail Boss (Moderator)

6115 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2014 :  05:16:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hard to tell from your description. If you are concerned you should have him looked at by a veterinarian.

Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

Trail Boss (Moderator)

5300 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2014 :  08:51:10 AM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm assuming you mean liniment? Why are you using liniment & what kind? How old is the horse? What has been done with her/him? Did the farrier give you any more information? Have you seen any swelling? Has the horse's habits changed i.e. is she/he standing differently, not moving as much, laying down more?

As Hook suggested...call a vet.

Karen ~ Trails
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."

Go to Top of Page

Advanced Rider

215 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2014 :  09:05:36 AM  Show Profile Send walkinthewalk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ditto please call a vet.

Farriers are not inclined to offer up advice unless:

1. They are asked point blank for that advice.

2. They see something very wrong that either the owner is not aware of or not paying attention to.

PLEASE call the vet
Go to Top of Page

22 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2017 :  10:36:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit barrelracer1163's Homepage Send barrelracer1163 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Back on track Quick Wraps or Professional's Choice Theramic Leg Wraps work wonders with horses with tight legs!

Rachael, Sales Expert @ HorseSaddleShop.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000