Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Saddle and Tack Topics
 Saddle Types
 Saddle Hunt
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

BethAnn
Trainer

USA
864 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2014 :  05:21:24 AM  Show Profile Send BethAnn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This spring I am going to start looking for a new saddle in the cheaper range. I love the deep seats of some westerns and my comfort saddle is everything I want in a saddle for me but pinches the withers in every horse I rode in it from arabians to my gypsy. It looks like an english with a deep seat, no skirting , english leathers and stirrups, and no horn. Want something similar but that will fit a gypsy pony and my clydesdale (who is a bit narrower than my gypsy). They are both young so will be going through lots of body changes.Any thoughts?

BethAnn Stewart
Palmyra,Indiana

Lovie-gypsy vanner
Lad- Clydesdale

Do not take up the warpath without a just cause and honest purpose. Pushmataha-Choctow leader

Frank Somerville2
Tenderfoot

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2017 :  06:57:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Somerville2's Homepage Send Frank Somerville2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
for me deep sits are most comfortable.
Go to Top of Page

puddleplasher
Clinician

USA
1296 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2017 :  3:30:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit puddleplasher's Homepage Send puddleplasher a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You might look at various endurance saddles or English "trail" saddles for something with no horn, minimal skirting, but still a deep seat.

'plash

Pepper sez: "Don't forget the horse!!"
'Plash's Ride Log
Go to Top of Page

barrelracer1163
Groomer

USA
22 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2017 :  4:42:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit barrelracer1163's Homepage Send barrelracer1163 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Do you happen to have a picture of the saddle? I would love to help you find a new saddle! I am a sales expert at Horse Saddle Shop! We also have templates online that help see what size tree fits your horse best.

Rachael, Sales Expert @ HorseSaddleShop.com
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000