Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Discussions
 Trails
 Camping at Hickory Ridge
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

EZ2SPOT
Clinician

USA
3785 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2013 :  07:59:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit EZ2SPOT's Homepage Send EZ2SPOT a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Finally!! October 20-22, I camped at Hickory Ridge, something I'd always wanted to do. I'd ridden there before, but never camped. Those of you who have made the trip, know that it is a long ride from MTR, not leaving much time to explore the Hickory Ridge trail system.

It was cool, but dry while we were there. I went with two couples and another lady who, like me, came by herself. RH, you will never guess who it was! Do you remember riding to HR from MTR two years ago, and there was no place for us to tie our horses and have lunch, because the campground was full? A very sweet lady named Penny let us tie up at her campsite, and also offered us chairs to sit on while we ate our lunches. Well, it turned out she was the 6th person on the camp-out! It was so great to see her again.

As usual, the HR trails were beautiful. Funny thing, though...my friends are all fast people; they were always ready to ride in less than half the time it took me. However, they all had very slow horses! I'm an extremely slow person with a fast horse. So I did lead sometimes, and then just waited for everyone to catch up.

Probably my last camping trip for the year, but I hope to get in some more day rides before winter rolls around Mary Lynne and I rode the Strawtown trails on Saturday. Since it was cold and windy, we had the park to ourselves, LOL!

EZ2SPOT

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2013 :  08:37:33 AM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I love the HR trails. I cheated and trailered from MTR to be able to ride more there. Glad you had a good time and were able to meet up with an old new friend!

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

Red Hawk
Clinician

USA
5092 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2013 :  10:14:49 AM  Show Profile Send Red Hawk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am so glad you had such a good time EZ and wish so much I could've been with you. It was also so nice you got to know our benefactor from that time we needed space to have lunch there that one time. I bet Penny was a blast to get to know on a more personal level.

Just like last year, I haven't had time to get out and ride since the ITRA Fall Ride in September this year. I wanted to get out yesterday, but I'm fighting another sinus infection. I'm back to work today with 10 hours shifts probably all week and working Saturday. There's talk of working Sunday too. No rest for the weary. Annnndddd there was a jousting tournament being held near Huntington this weekend, and I didn't even get to go.

I have no idea when I'll be able to ride the trails again. It might even be Spring before my next chance, and I can tell Terra is bored, bored, bored. It would be great to get her out at least one more time so she won't pull the entire water hose into her stall when she has nothing better to do at feeding time and waiting for me to turn her back outside. LOL

"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses"
--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000