Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Creative, fun and entertaining
 HAA, GTA and others....
 most embarrasing fall ever
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

vegasgirl
Tenderfoot

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2013 :  1:43:44 PM  Show Profile Send vegasgirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was 18 when i attended a course at the british racing school in newmarket. After 8 weeks of falling off and being carted i stupily convinced myself that i had got the hang of it. It was nearly the end of the course and several members of the jockey club had come to watch us ride before we graduated. Being a very icy day we were instructed to walk around the indoor school while the gallop was harrowed and as we rode in, the manager of the school introduced us to the members of the jockey club."This is David, he is a fantastic rider who will get an amateur jockey licence." He boomed as the lad in front of me rode in. "This is Joann who came second in our exam and rides very well." He lied. As the words left his mouth, Davids horse laid on the floor and he slid out of the way as it proceeded to roll and my one bucked me off. It was tempting to lay on the floor and pretend i had hurt myself to save the embarrasment of gettin back up but like any true horsewoman i got back on. I later found out that my horse had been on box rest for 3 months and was a tad fresh.

Horse mad with mad horse

Colleen
Trainer

Canada
940 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2013 :  11:25:10 PM  Show Profile Send Colleen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We all have had embarassing moments for sure. We all learn from them too.

Colleen who hopes to have a horse soon.

The air of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears -- Arabian proverb

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000