Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Caring and Owning Horses
 Horse Appraisal and Conformation
 paint conformation?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

justride
Tenderfoot

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2012 :  4:40:09 PM  Show Profile Send justride a Private Message  Reply with Quote
this is Aspen Rain, she's a 1 1/2yo paint filly. any conromation comments?

also, this is Candeliera, she's a 3yo arab/QH. its not a good pic for this, but any thoughts would be appriciated

Red Hawk
Clinician

USA
5092 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2012 :  6:13:24 PM  Show Profile Send Red Hawk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's a little hard to judge from that pic since she's set up with her back legs too far forward instead of sitting square under her body. I like her well defined withers. She should hold a saddle well with a strong short back.

Her head profile has a very slight bulge from forehead to nose. Old timers will tell you this usually indicates a stubborn attitude to some degree to another. Might just be the winter hair, but I'd like to see a bit cleaner throatlatch. That might change if I could see her after she sheds this spring. I'd like to see more length to her neck, but she's tense and holding her head up, which might be making it look that way.

Her shoulder is a slightly straight with her pasterns matching, but I don't think this will be much of a problem. The pasterns are a good length and slant enough to give a good ride.

Even with her rear camped in too much, her front legs look good with the knee neither too far forward or back. I like her low croup and makes me wonder if she brings her hindquarters under her naturally and isn't just how she's standing.

She looks to have good muscle, which I'm sure is evidence of your ground work. Overall I'd say she'll make a good all-around horse that can do just about anything you care to train her for.

"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses"
--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown
Go to Top of Page

justride
Tenderfoot

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2012 :  9:41:44 PM  Show Profile Send justride a Private Message  Reply with Quote
my sister did have her big paint gelding with us, he was having confo pics taken after her. so she might have been tense because of him.
her older sister's neck was fairly short when she was younger, but now she's well put together. she is quite a hairy beastie :) she has a crazy thick winter coat where we are. as for her hindquarters, i think she might bring them under her somewhat naturally, her sister does that also. and her sister is already showing talent on simple barrel exercises. and they're both very fast. they run with their heads up and tails up. its very cute to watch. i have heard the nose thing before, and i think there could be something more than just old time saying too it. but that doesn't mean judge a horse on their nose shape.
she is still just under 2yo so she might still be in that awkward yearling body right now. i definatley appriciate your critiques and thank you for your complements (on Aspen's behalf :)

Aspen and older sister Calico
Go to Top of Page

TheMadHatter
Advanced Rider

USA
459 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2012 :  8:49:12 PM  Show Profile Send TheMadHatter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like both her and her sister's coloring and patterns and I really love how thick her tail is (I am VERY mane and tail obsessed lol) She could use more meat on her rear in my opinion but that should come with growth. She's still a baby so a lot of this will change. My Appendix has changed so much in the last 6 years, its almost unbelievable!! On the arab, the most noticable thing to me is her long back, which may mean that she won't be as sound in that area of her body when in her senior years as a horse with a much shorter back may be. I do like her color too though and I bet she's real shiny in the summer!

Four things greater than all things are, -
Women and Horses and Power and War.
~Rudyard Kipling, "The Ballad of the King's Jest"
Go to Top of Page

wahla339@gmail.com
Tenderfoot

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2012 :  01:49:50 AM  Show Profile Send wahla339@gmail.com a Private Message  Reply with Quote
sounds good to me will come back soon and leave further comments

shahid wahla
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000