Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Saddle and Tack Topics
 Classifieds
 WANTED: horse hair
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ignomy
Tenderfoot

2 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2011 :  09:50:18 AM  Show Profile Send ignomy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know this probably sounds strange, but I'm an artist/jewelry designer looking to incorporate horse hair into my new pieces. I actually rode for twelve years but had to give it up when I started college, so unfortunately I'm not around horses anymore. Sigh.

What I'm looking for is mane and tail hair. Purchasing it is quite expensive, and as I'm a recent art school graduate, my expendable income is pretty limited. So I don't know if anyone is trimming for summer, but if you are, I would love to take the shorn hair off your hands. I would of course reimburse you the shipping cost through Paypal.

Thanks in advance for humoring my wacky request!

BethAnn
Trainer

USA
864 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2011 :  8:14:30 PM  Show Profile Send BethAnn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I bought horse tails off e-bay for around 10 bucks so you might try that. I might actually still have a couple if I find them I will let you know.

BethAnn Stewart
Palmyra,Indiana

Lovie-gypsy vanner
Lad- Clydesdale

Do not take up the warpath without a just cause and honest purpose. Pushmataha-Choctow leader
Go to Top of Page

Mrs Hook
Trainer

Canada
862 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2011 :  8:23:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mrs Hook's Homepage Send Mrs Hook a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can probably help you out if you want red. Next year at this time you can have about 6 inches of black.

I am really thinking about roaching a few horses.

Mrs Hook's Riding Log

Go to Top of Page

ignomy
Tenderfoot

2 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2011 :  08:59:11 AM  Show Profile Send ignomy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow, such prompt responses - thanks!

BethAnn - Ebay's been failing me this time. For the quantities available the prices are more than I can spend. So I'd definitely be interested if you find those leftovers!

Mrs Hook - Red would be lovely! Please let me know if/when you end up roaching--thanks!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000