Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Saddle and Tack Topics
 Fitting Your Saddle to You
 Cantle Heights
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

morabhobbyhorse
Tenderfoot

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2011 :  09:05:36 AM  Show Profile Send morabhobbyhorse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
When I read the lead in to this topic, I realized the question I should have been asking all along instead of QH bars, gullets, etc. My mare is a Morab, and she has high withers, and a short back. She is very sensitive about her withers so the saddle I used at the place I boarded her for 2 years had a high cantle. The BO knew exactly which one would work. However, since I'm on disability she would never let me BUY anything so now that I've moved Sienna I'm scrambling to just get the basics. And I had no idea how to go about finding a saddle that would fit her. How is cantle height actually measured, from where to where? Thanks, Cheryl

The outside of a horse is good for the inside of man. Winston Churchill

EZ2SPOT
Clinician

USA
3785 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2011 :  7:49:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit EZ2SPOT's Homepage Send EZ2SPOT a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm unaware of cantle height having anything to do with how a saddle fits the horse, so if it DOES make a difference (to anyone except the rider), I will be interested in hearing about it!

EZ2SPOT
Go to Top of Page

Mrs Hook
Trainer

Canada
862 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2011 :  9:14:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mrs Hook's Homepage Send Mrs Hook a Private Message  Reply with Quote
EZ - I think she means gullet height.

Cheryl, if you download the templates from the Saddle Shop site, you can fit them onto your horses back to figure out what kind of width and height and angle you need.

The cantle of a saddle is the very back part that holds your butt into the saddle.

Mrs Hook's Riding Log

Go to Top of Page

BethAnn
Trainer

USA
864 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2011 :  8:19:06 PM  Show Profile Send BethAnn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like 'em nice and high to keep my rather fluffy butt in the saddle! LOL !!

BethAnn Stewart
Palmyra,Indiana

Lovie-gypsy vanner
Lad- Clydesdale

Do not take up the warpath without a just cause and honest purpose. Pushmataha-Choctow leader
Go to Top of Page

EZ2SPOT
Clinician

USA
3785 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2011 :  8:25:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit EZ2SPOT's Homepage Send EZ2SPOT a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like them nice and high, too, except that it sure does make them hard to get in and out of!!

EZ2SPOT
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000