Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Saddle and Tack Topics
 Saddle Types
 Saddle Shopping!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

homein3turns
Trainer

USA
654 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2010 :  10:57:02 PM  Show Profile Send homein3turns a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It has been almost a year since I started down the eventing adventure and after 2 schooling shows and a jump clinic with Peter Atkins (where I jumped my first cross country jumps) I am completely ADDICTED

I have discovered that my current saddle, a close contact saddle, is making poor Droste's withers sore. After much consideration and talking with my trainer I have decided I need to get the right tools for the trade and am now shopping for a dressage saddle. I will also be looking for a jump saddle. I love buying new tack!

So now I am trying saddles - there are so many different brands and models. The wonderful people at the barn are so gracious and I have a wide variety to take for a test ride. Riding has been kind of a fashion show for Droste this week as he gets to wear a different saddle every night He sported a Wintec tonight and looked just fabulous LOL

If you happen to know of anyone selling a used dressage saddle, 16.5 to 17" seat, medium width, I am in the market. Any suggestions or experience with Dressage saddles is welcome - I am still in the research phase and have not settled on a particular maker. I have tried a Passier and Wintec and will be trying a Keifer. I would like to get my hands on a County for comparasion, as a friend recommended them.

Juli Collier
Pendleton, IN
Juli's Riding Log

"Let a horse whisper in your ear and breathe on your heart. You will never regret it." Author Unknown

Red Hawk
Clinician

USA
5092 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2010 :  6:18:53 PM  Show Profile Send Red Hawk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My hunter/jumper saddle is still for sale in the DE classifieds... with pics too .

"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses"
--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000