Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Saddle and Tack Topics
 Saddle Types
 Lightweight Saddles
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LindaOz
Trainer

USA
534 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2009 :  11:23:00 AM  Show Profile Send LindaOz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've been very happy with Aussie saddles, but due to problems with shoulder and back, I can no longer lift the 30 lb saddle without causing pain for several days.

What I am looking for is security for trail riding, a 5" cantle with Cheyenne roll, and preferably rough seat with no horn, or forward horn in brown. It needs to weigh under 20 lbs, preferably about 15 lbs. I have searched everywhere and can't find such a saddle.

I'd be very interested in hearing your input about any lightweight saddles you have tried.

Thanks,
Linda

Linda

Dallas
Tenderfoot

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2009 :  5:08:50 PM  Show Profile Send Dallas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you like the Aussie saddles, Syd Hill has a synthetic for about $700.00. I think it's about 13lbs and the Syd Hill brand is one of the best there is. You can check them out at Downunder Saddlery or the Australian Stock Saddle Company.

Dallas

Dallas
Go to Top of Page

LindaOz
Trainer

USA
534 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2009 :  02:18:53 AM  Show Profile Send LindaOz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dallas

If you like the Aussie saddles, Syd Hill has a synthetic for about $700.00. I think it's about 13lbs and the Syd Hill brand is one of the best there is. You can check them out at Downunder Saddlery or the Australian Stock Saddle Company.

Dallas

Thanks Dallas. I'll check it out.
Linda

Linda
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000