Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Saddle and Tack Topics
 Saddle Types
 Simco saddle
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

GringosGirl
Groomer

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2009 :  8:28:53 PM  Show Profile Send GringosGirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have been going through and cleaning all of my tack. This is the saddle I have had since I was 7. I am now 28, so 21 years. I was wondering if anybody knows anything about Simco saddles. I have emailed them with pictures and the numbers off my saddle. Was just wanting more info about this saddle. I'm sure it is a cheap saddle, but it is "my saddle." I love it, and with how light it is I don't hesitate putting it on almost any horse.

The two things I have noted from it: plastic "buck stitching" and small flower/star stamps over the leather. Not sure if either of these are a signature of Simco Saddle.

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2009 :  06:25:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I really like your Simco Saddle. I would not consider it a cheap saddle at all. The buck stitching was pretty popular in quality saddles in the early to mid seventies. I owned a Simco barrel saddle for many years and sold it to another racer when it didn't fit my horse any more. It was probably almost 40 years old by then.

We currently have a 20 + year old Simco show Saddle with Full Quarter Horse Bars that I rode Hookie with last year until I bought a new Dakota from Chuck this year.

Simco still makes pretty good saddles under their own brand name as well as Longhorn and Billy Cook.

I can PM you a link to their Website if you like.

Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

GringosGirl
Groomer

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2009 :  08:33:27 AM  Show Profile Send GringosGirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info about Simco. I did find their website and I did contact them. Glad to hear they are a decent saddle. It has held up for me over the year and I expect a lot more use out of it!
Go to Top of Page

GringosGirl
Groomer

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2009 :  10:00:36 AM  Show Profile Send GringosGirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Though I would share this. I got a reply back from Simco this morning. They sent me the original catalog listing for my saddle!

Go to Top of Page

killybean907
Clinician

USA
1082 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2009 :  5:20:39 PM  Show Profile Send killybean907 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GringosGirl

Though I would share this. I got a reply back from Simco this morning. They sent me the original catalog listing for my saddle!

How COOL is THAT?!! Nice to have the background info and specs on your saddle...especially since you've taken good care of it!

It's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years.
Karen-Anchorage, Alaska
Go to Top of Page

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2009 :  06:39:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for posting the "The Miss Rodeo" saddle picture. Did they say when it was made?

You may have a family heirloom there.

Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000