Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Saddle and Tack Topics
 Saddle Types
 Never Thought I'd see Another Saddle Like Mine
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Red Hawk
Clinician

USA
5092 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2009 :  6:07:19 PM  Show Profile Send Red Hawk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't know if any of you looked at the trail/barrel saddle for sale at the bottom of the page, but it is almost identical to the one I have and ride in all the time on Terra. The only difference is it looks like the stirrup fenders are suade on this one. Mine is regular leather, but the suade seat and pommel is exactly the same except mine is green where this one is brown. And just like the owner says; My saddle has no identifying marks as to brand or who made it.

It might not mean much to some of you, but I just couldn't believe that there was another saddle like mine out there. I wish there was a way to find out where both of them came from and who made them. Mine is the best saddle I've ever owned. I bought it used from another lady about 20 years ago, and she bought it used from someone else and had it three years herself. So it's hard telling how old it is, but I'd say 25 to 30 years, and it's still going strong.

I guess I should say that I'm not trying to help the owner sell this saddle, but it sure took me by surprise.

"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses"
--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown

EZ2SPOT
Clinician

USA
3785 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2009 :  2:11:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit EZ2SPOT's Homepage Send EZ2SPOT a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I did see it, and noticed it was a lot like yours!

It is strange there was no brand marking for either of them. Tends to make me think they possibly were made by the same company, even though it is hard to tell which one.

EZ2SPOT
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000