Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Saddle and Tack Topics
 Saddle Types
 Advice/Recommendations for saddle
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Red
Beginning Rider

129 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2008 :  11:42:32 PM  Show Profile Send Red a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey all,

Iam looking for recommendations for a saddle for my 1/2 arab- 1/2saddlebred mare. She is 16.0H, has the breed's short back (but not excessively short), and is generally slender with good muscle tone- she is probably a medium tree. I am thinking of an endurance saddle so it would be comfy on trail rides and thought the Tuckers would be good. Just a question, based on her breed, would I consider her a gaited horse and lean towards endurance saddles that would accomodate her? She definitely has the ability to stretch out her trot and has that little bit of an extra gait (I think- its hard to tell). Anyways, sorry if the question isn't that clear (I'm watching the olympics while typing this- oops!lol)but I wondered if you all had any recommendations. Thanks for any input! :)
-Red

BLACKIE: National Show Horse
BIG RED: sorrel quarterhorse
JAKE: sorrel/chestnut quarterhorse

MommaP
Tenderfoot

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2009 :  4:12:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit MommaP's Homepage Send MommaP a Private Message  Reply with Quote
HI,

I am preety inexperinced but I do have Tucker Gen11 Endurance saddle and really like it. I can't tell you anymore than That.

MommaP
Go to Top of Page

Parrothead
Trainer

USA
559 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2009 :  11:54:43 AM  Show Profile Send Parrothead a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We love our Tucker Endurance and Plantion saddles. The Tuckers seem to run a bit narrow in the tree and Mr Parrot had to sell his Endurance, which just about broke his heart. Maggie is a "full figure" gal. We went to a Fabtron western style with Full Quarter Horse bars. Love the weight-or lack of!! I am shopping for another saddle without a horn.
Chuck's website is great for finding what saddle fits your horse. Read all sections carefuly, and you will be able to figure out what you and mare need.

Jill
Life is too short to ride bad horses.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000