Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Saddle and Tack Topics
 Fitting Your Saddle to You
 everything butt comfort...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kristen
Tenderfoot

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2006 :  04:04:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kristen's Homepage Send Kristen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am having a terrible time with saddles. Australian saddles are VERY comfortable for me, but I guess my mare needs full quarter bars.... all the ausies I have seen are way too thin for her. I like western saddles, but I am having a hard time finding one that doesnt hurt. When I sit in most westerns I am sitting on my... pelvic bone? Where your legs meet your butt.Its very uncomfortable! Different brans seem a little different. Any suggestions? Should I just get a big fluffy butt pillow?

"What is your dog eating?!"

"Dont ask..."

Stormie
Clinician

1630 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2006 :  7:02:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Stormie's Homepage Send Stormie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You can get wider Aussies. You might just need to sit in a lot of saddles and make sure your seat is correct in them.
Go to Top of Page

countrygirl
Groomer

23 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2007 :  11:24:48 PM  Show Profile Send countrygirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Last year my 12 year old recieved injury to her uritha because she was sitting wrong in the saddle.

I did not know it at the time but her doctor is a rider and he told me an exercise to make sure you are sitting proper in the saddle.

sit in the saddle like you normally would. then take your feet out of the stirups and bring both knees up to top of horn. then let them back down. this will place you in the proper position.

countrygirl

You know your a horseperson when you get more excited about getting new horsebrushes than new shoes
Go to Top of Page

sharps_74
Beginning Rider

USA
60 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2008 :  11:09:53 AM  Show Profile Send sharps_74 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by countrygirl

Last year my 12 year old recieved injury to her uritha because she was sitting wrong in the saddle.

I did not know it at the time but her doctor is a rider and he told me an exercise to make sure you are sitting proper in the saddle.

sit in the saddle like you normally would. then take your feet out of the stirups and bring both knees up to top of horn. then let them back down. this will place you in the proper position.

Seems like I read the same thing some time back. It works well for my students and makes them not bounce around in the saddle while trotting. Best of all is that after awhile they no longer need to do this, they go right to the proper position when they mount up.

A righteous [man] regardeth the life of his beast but the tender mercies of the wicked [are] cruel Prov.12:10
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000