Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Discussions
 Camping, Trailering, and associated Outdoor Gear
 Good News!Good News! Update 7/24/10(More Pics)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Red Hawk
Clinician

USA
5092 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2010 :  7:13:57 PM  Show Profile Send Red Hawk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
While I was doing my weekly shopping in Wally World today, Steve decided to stop by Zahm's and see if there was any news on my new trailer (For late comers--see "Delays,Delays" and "Trailer Shopping" to catch up on this story ). I was afraid that Bill Zahm might get upset since he's told us they would let us know when they hear anything. I'm sure glad Steve did now. Are you ready for this?

It will be delivered on Monday!!!!!!
7/12/2010.

This will give me plenty of time to carpet the camping area (the walk-in tack room) and get everything switched from the old WW to my new Corn Pro. I'll get pics up as soon as I can. Looks like I'll be going to the July DE Ride in style !!!

"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses"
--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown

Edited by - Red Hawk on 07/24/2010 1:24:46 PM

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2010 :  05:02:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good news. Your patience has been rewarded.

Looking forward to the pictures.

Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2010 :  2:35:52 PM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good deal, RH!

Are you putting carpet down in the dressing/camping room?

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

EZ2SPOT
Clinician

USA
3785 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2010 :  6:12:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit EZ2SPOT's Homepage Send EZ2SPOT a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yay! I know you sure didn't want to spend another night in your old trailer! Looking forward to seeing the new one at the DE ride!

EZ2SPOT
Go to Top of Page

Red Hawk
Clinician

USA
5092 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2010 :  7:09:17 PM  Show Profile Send Red Hawk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PaintGal

Good deal, RH!

Are you putting carpet down in the dressing/camping room?

Yep, that's the plan. I've carpeted the dressing/tack room of my last two trailers. Sure is nice standing on carpet than a bare wood floor. I already checked around and it'll run around $45 to $50. I thought about buying a 6 X 8 foot rug, but it runs just about the same price and won't cover the entire floor.

One little correction to my original announcement. Steve explained that it will be ready to pick up on Monday. It still might be Tuesday or Wednesday before I'll be able to bring it home. It just depends on how soon Zahm's can go pick it up . But they do know I want it in time for the DE Ride and when I'll be leaving for that ride .

--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown
Go to Top of Page

tagnrocky
Clinician

USA
1776 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2010 :  11:38:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit tagnrocky's Homepage Send tagnrocky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
WooHoo! I bet you can't wait! Be sure to share pictures with us, maybe even befre and after carpeting.

Nancy (and Tag & Rocky)
Free & easy down the trail I go......
Go to Top of Page

Red Hawk
Clinician

USA
5092 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2010 :  11:57:29 AM  Show Profile Send Red Hawk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Zahm's called early this morning. My trailer is in. They were hoping we could pick it up today, but Steve had to go into town for a disability physical and switch funds so we can pay for the trailer. He's still not back yet, and I have no idea how long something like this might take. I made an appointment to pick the trailer up tomorrow morning when things won't be quite so hectic around here.

I did go and check it out. It's larger than I pictured in my mind but exactly how I wanted it. On the plus side; the extra large tack room's floor is covered with a firm rubber matting, which means I may not have to carpet it after all. The entire floor under the matting is wood for the length of the trailer. Now I'm thinking maybe a throw rug to stand on when getting out of bed to dress. Nothing definite yet. Just throwing some ideas around.

The trailer looks very plain on the outside since there's no pin-striping or any kind of art work, but that's okay. It's function I was most concerned about rather than looks. I could've had a flashier paint job, but decided to save a little money by not having it done.

I'll be getting a new ball for the hitch. This trailer takes the next size up from the conventional 2" ball I've had for all my other trailers, though the hitch is exactly the same type as my old WW.

And don't worry. I'll be taking plenty of pics tomorrow. It'll depend on time whether I'll get them posted then too. It might not be until Wednesday. So please try and be patient.

I'm really going to like this trailer !

--Robert Browning

-- Author Unknown
Go to Top of Page

BethAnn
Trainer

USA
864 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2010 :  5:20:16 PM  Show Profile Send BethAnn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yee haa!

BethAnn Stewart
Palmyra,Indiana

Lovie-gypsy vanner
Lad- Clydesdale

Do not take up the warpath without a just cause and honest purpose. Pushmataha-Choctow leader
Go to Top of Page

EZ2SPOT
Clinician

USA
3785 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2010 :  9:18:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit EZ2SPOT's Homepage Send EZ2SPOT a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great news!!! Just in time for the DE ride, too!

EZ2SPOT
Go to Top of Page

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2010 :  04:51:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looking forward to the pictures.

Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

puddleplasher
Clinician

USA
1296 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2010 :  1:22:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit puddleplasher's Homepage Send puddleplasher a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Excellent news, and excellent timing!

'plash

Pepper sez: "Don't forget the horse!!"
'Plash's Ride Log
Go to Top of Page

Red Hawk
Clinician

USA
5092 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2010 :  3:03:50 PM  Show Profile Send Red Hawk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks everyone for your patience in me getting the pics up of the new trailer. They were taken July 13th, the day I brought it home. So it's still empty in these pics.

First an overall shot of the truck and trailer that just happened to have Dove & Terra in the background. I could've had a decorative paint job done but didn't to save some on the purchase price. I was after practicality more than looks:

Here's the right side. One thing I wasn't too thrill about is that window in the door is the only one in the tack room. One side of the window does slide open, but that's it:

Let's walk around this way to see the back:

And now the left:

Let me get the door open and we'll peek inside where Dove & Terra will ride. I really like having extra room for hay bales along the left side when hauling only one horse, and the ability to lead Terra not only in but out head first:

I'll just close up the back, and we'll check out the tack room where I'll be camping. As you can see the saddle rack is located just inside the door...

...And swings out for easy use:

Lots of room inside. I just wish I could get it all in with the camera. This is looking toward the front of the trailer:

And toward the divider wall the other way. I just love all those hooks on the wall and discovered those blanket racks are ideal for my portable 4 hook rack. The 6 you see in this pic I'll use for horse items while the portable hook rack will be for things like jackets, my riding helmet, a horn bag, or anything else I might use it for:

It might not be as fancy as the higher priced aluminum trailers, but it's everything I want it to be and the nicest trailer I've ever owned.

--Robert Browning

-- Author Unknown

Edited by - Red Hawk on 07/19/2010 3:34:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2010 :  4:13:03 PM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It looks GREAT, RH! I'm really happy for you and know you'll get a lot of good use out of it. Once you get all your stuff in it and set up for camping, you need to take more pics!

You can get it pin striped and logos on it later if you decide to. There are lots of cool stencils you could put on it too if you wanted. I wouldn't worry about it though!

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

killybean907
Clinician

USA
1082 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2010 :  02:34:45 AM  Show Profile Send killybean907 a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Now THAT is a beautiful trailer!! I like the nice clean lines and the extra room up front! Congratulations!

It's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years.
Karen-Anchorage, Alaska
Go to Top of Page

homein3turns
Trainer

USA
654 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2010 :  11:48:34 AM  Show Profile Send homein3turns a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice trailer Ginger! And thanks for the tip on hanging a portable rack on the blanket bar

Juli Collier
Pendleton, IN
Juli's Riding Log

"Let a horse whisper in your ear and breathe on your heart. You will never regret it." Author Unknown
Go to Top of Page

EZ2SPOT
Clinician

USA
3785 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2010 :  6:01:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit EZ2SPOT's Homepage Send EZ2SPOT a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It is a really great trailer; no doubt about it, RH got a terrific deal there! Yes, I thought the idea of hanging a portable bridle rack on the blanket bar, was brilliant! I will have to try that; who ever uses the blanket bar for blankets, anyway?

EZ2SPOT
Go to Top of Page

hmeyer
Clinician

USA
2194 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2010 :  11:04:40 AM  Show Profile Send hmeyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice, Ginger. I really like the fact that, even though it is a stock trailer (of sorts), it does have real windows that close on the side where their faces are.

"You learn a thing a day, you store up smart" - Festus Haggen

"A manís soul canít be hidden,
From the creatures in his care." -
Hard Candy Cowboy by Debra Meyer

Go to Top of Page

ILoveJoe
Clinician

USA
2499 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2010 :  12:31:10 PM  Show Profile Send ILoveJoe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congrats!!
I like it....ALOT!
Is it true that Cornpro's hold their value better than other trailer brands?

Go to Top of Page

Red Hawk
Clinician

USA
5092 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2010 :  1:25:42 PM  Show Profile Send Red Hawk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ILoveJoe

Congrats!!
I like it....ALOT!
Is it true that Cornpro's hold their value better than other trailer brands?

Thanks ILJ, and I wish I could answer your question, but I don't know that much about Corn Pro. I just know that, like you, I love this trailer. And you can't beat the price if you don't mind having a steel trailer over an aluminum one. We looked around A LOT, and this was the best bang for the buck. One thing we found out in a big hurry is that good used bumper pulls are hard to come by and that they don't stay on the market long.

--Robert Browning

-- Author Unknown
Go to Top of Page

EZ2SPOT
Clinician

USA
3785 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2010 :  8:16:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit EZ2SPOT's Homepage Send EZ2SPOT a Private Message  Reply with Quote
All I know is, you can ALWAYS find a buyer for a good CornPro! Wish I'd not had to sell my old one last summer, but money was tight, thanks to lots of horse injuries, a busted saddle, and a car wreck!

They are good, sturdy trailers; mine was 12 years old when I sold it, and had never needed any repairs.

EZ2SPOT
Go to Top of Page

Red Hawk
Clinician

USA
5092 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2010 :  1:32:18 PM  Show Profile Send Red Hawk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PaintGal

It looks GREAT, RH! I'm really happy for you and know you'll get a lot of good use out of it. Once you get all your stuff in it and set up for camping, you need to take more pics!

Your wish is granted, dear lady.

Once again, this is the front end of the trailer from inside the tack room. I bought the plastic storage drawers at Wal*Mart. They sure are nice for storing all my personal items:

How do you like my bedroom so far ?:

I stored all the horsey stuff and camping odds & ends near the divider wall:

Since some of you showed interest in this, to the left side of the divider wall is how I set up my portable hook rack on the blanket bar. It's great for my helmet, horn bag, or coats, jackets, and such with the permanent hooks for bridles, breast straps, halters, lunge lines, etc.:

And like I said earlier; Plenty of room for a couple hay bales in the back and still haul my horse. The tarp keeps the hay dry when traveling in bad weather. It sure came in handy with that cloud burst I encountered going around Indy going home from MTR last Sunday:

Okay, I do believe I've bored everyone enough with my trailer pics now . Hope you enjoyed the tour .

--Robert Browning

-- Author Unknown

Edited by - Red Hawk on 07/24/2010 1:51:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

killybean907
Clinician

USA
1082 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2010 :  04:28:47 AM  Show Profile Send killybean907 a Private Message  Reply with Quote

LOVED the tour...and who's bored with looking at horse stuff...EVER?
Thanks for the pictures!

It's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years.
Karen-Anchorage, Alaska
Go to Top of Page

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2010 :  07:18:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice, NICE Trailer Ginger. Well worth the wait. I am sure both you and Tera will enjoy the added room and comfort on your road trips.

I like this shot of it hooked with up to your truck with both horses and the dog. Nicely balanced look.

Hook(ed)......on Horses

Edited by - Hook on 07/25/2010 9:10:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

Red Hawk
Clinician

USA
5092 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2010 :  11:32:03 AM  Show Profile Send Red Hawk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, what d'ya know! I never noticed Sal there by the hitch .
Good eye, Hook .

--Robert Browning

-- Author Unknown
Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2010 :  09:20:00 AM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It looks great!

I have a smaller version of the Wallyworld drawers in the Short Bus and have found they work themselves open so I'm going to run a bungee cord or maybe an old belt around from front to back. It's up a lot higher than your drawers so probably gets a lot more motion as we bounce along.

I think it was Jill who mentioned that one of those big contractor trash bags is perfect for a regular sized bale of hay. I haven't had a need to find out yet but have used tarps which get the job done. Unfortunately, they can also flap around and work themselves loose. You could probably use magnets to stick to the inside if you need more places to hang stuff.

You're going to get a lot of use out of that set up! Congrats again.

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000