Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Discussions
 General Information
 New Forum Members
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ILoveJoe
Clinician

USA
2499 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2007 :  09:41:28 AM  Show Profile Send ILoveJoe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There seem to be more new forum members lately and I wanted to take the opportunity to welcome them to a great Forum.

I have been a member since last October and have found this to be a very friendly and welcoming forum.

New forum members often have a couple of questions about the rules, so here is the link to them:
http://www.dailyequine.com/forums/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=2382

And another big question that comes up is about posting photos [of which we all love and can't get enough of]:
http://www.dailyequine.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3781

And as usual thanks to Chuck for providing this forum for us.

Edited by - FLOOPER on 05/04/2007 09:11:30 AM

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2007 :  7:28:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good Idea ILJ.

Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

Horsecrazygirl
Clinician

USA
2132 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2007 :  8:39:18 PM  Show Profile Send Horsecrazygirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great idea ILJ.
And Welcome all new members!

"In the steady gaze of the horse shines a silent eloquence that speaks of love and loyalty, strength and courage. It is the window that reveals to us how willing is his spirit, how generous his heart."

"The horse, gives you the freedom from all life's challenges." H.Z.

Go to Top of Page

ILoveJoe
Clinician

USA
2499 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2007 :  10:17:40 AM  Show Profile Send ILoveJoe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How do we get to post a photo of our Avatar?
Can someone point to that topic?

Go to Top of Page

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2007 :  6:01:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ILoveJoe

How do we get to post a photo of our Avatar?
Can someone point to that topic?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You need to make a 64 x 64 jpg or gif and upload it to the Internet somewhere, like Photobucket. Then give Chuck the location and which userid to associate it with and he will fix you up.

Here is a link to when I had Chuck make one for me.

http://www.dailyequine.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2477&SearchTerms=Avatar

Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

ILoveJoe
Clinician

USA
2499 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2007 :  8:02:31 PM  Show Profile Send ILoveJoe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you!

Go to Top of Page

TBjumpergirl
Groomer

24 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2007 :  9:56:05 PM  Show Profile Send TBjumpergirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanx for all the help, and links, ver useful!!
Go to Top of Page

sarataylor5
Tenderfoot

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2012 :  9:45:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit sarataylor5's Homepage Send sarataylor5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi, Im new here! Im a college student studying horses, a wife, mother to 4 and I lease the sweetest pony in the world!

http://horsebeginnings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2012 :  11:09:22 PM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to DE, Sara!

We'd love to hear more about your pony and what it is you're studying. It might be better if you started a new thread here: http://www.dailyequine.com/forums/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=8

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

killybean907
Clinician

USA
1082 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2012 :  03:36:47 AM  Show Profile Send killybean907 a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Welcome Sara, Glad you are finding the time to enjoy your pony and visit here.

It's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years.
Karen-Anchorage, Alaska
Go to Top of Page

joe
Tenderfoot

11 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2012 :  11:24:20 PM  Show Profile Send joe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ok, thank you
Go to Top of Page

Lycanna0365
Tenderfoot

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2013 :  4:03:53 PM  Show Profile Send Lycanna0365 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello, everyone. I JUST joined and am glad to be here. I have 6 rescued equines, probably 6 more than I need, but 6 that I love dearly, 1 Arab, 2 Haflingers, 2 donkeys, and a pony (that will probably outlive me). I'm a police officer by trade, and an animal lover by necessity - I can't do without them, domestic or wild. Would've become a vet, but found out that you're not allowed to put down owners. Hope I haven't scared anyone.
Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2013 :  5:51:54 PM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to DE, Lycanna0365!

Bless you for taking in those lucky critters! You'll have to tell us more about each of them and of course.... we LOVE pics!

You might want to start a new thread though.

I had to laugh at the reason you're a police officer rather than a vet!

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

BethAnn
Trainer

USA
864 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2013 :  5:33:02 PM  Show Profile Send BethAnn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Always glad to see new blood on here! I need to check back more often, it's a lot of nice kinda nutty people who all love horses.

BethAnn Stewart
Palmyra,Indiana

Lovie-gypsy vanner
Lad- Clydesdale

Do not take up the warpath without a just cause and honest purpose. Pushmataha-Choctow leader
Go to Top of Page

minifarmer
Tenderfoot

2 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2013 :  11:15:40 AM  Show Profile Send minifarmer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi!

I'm new to the forums, and I'm a new horse owner as of one week ago! My handsome 8 year old Rocky Mountain horse, Ripley, came home one week ago today, and while I've been riding him for about 6 months, moving home has been an adventure for him (and me!). I just wanted to get myself out there on this forum, as I have a ridiculous amount of questions, probably all very basic, but still! I've found forums to be the best way to get good opinions from people as passionate as I am.

I'll post his picture soon! Glad to be here!
Go to Top of Page

Colleen
Trainer

Canada
940 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2013 :  12:07:56 PM  Show Profile Send Colleen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow new blood! welcome to Erika, Lynn, sara and Candice, this is a great place to learn all about horses, such nice people and a lot of knowledge. We love pictures!

Colleen who hopes to have a horse soon.

The air of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears -- Arabian proverb

Go to Top of Page

CajuninKy
Advanced Rider

USA
419 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2013 :  6:01:55 PM  Show Profile Send CajuninKy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't get over here as often as I would like. Life is like that. You all will love it here. Lots of friendly knowledgeable folks. Welcome!

Truth should be everpresent.
Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2013 :  6:18:51 PM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to DE, minifarmer!

Your intro might be buried in this old post but ask all the questions you have. There are lots of good horse peeps here that can answer just about any question you have.

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

P.Evans
Tenderfoot

5 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2016 :  6:02:25 PM  Show Profile Send P.Evans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi - I'm new here and pretty new to horse ownership. I'm from Michigan.
Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2016 :  7:48:46 PM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi and Welcome to DE! This is a old thread so it might be better to start another in "Saddle Shop Corral". Tell us about your horse and what type of riding you do. We also LOVE to see pics... HINT HINT!

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000