Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Discussions
 Trails
 Great Day for Riding
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

appygirl
Clinician

USA
3211 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2013 :  6:54:53 PM  Show Profile Send appygirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Today was a wonderful day for riding. My friend Maria and her handsome fella, Grizzly, drove over to our place for a ride around the surrounding farms. It was an absolutely beautiful day, with just a little bit of a nip in the air, but the sun shone brightly.

There are still some colorful trees about, although most of them lost their leaves with the high winds that came through the area a few days ago. Here is a pic of Maria and Grizzly with a colorful backdrop.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=687615124582362&set=pcb.687615524582322&type=1&theater{/img]

Grizzly is a 15-year-old TWH that can move out if you ask him, but is just as happy to mosey along, too. He's got a big engine that is noticable when he spooks, so you'd better have velcro on your britches for sure.

Here is a pic of Thunder and me along the ride.

We took one trip out and rode for about an hour and a half or so and then came back to the house and built a fire in our fire pit and had lunch. Then it was back in the saddle for a bit more riding.

Here are some scenery pics along the way.

We decided to hurry up and head back to the house as one of my neighbors was siting in their deer rifle (or was it a howitzer?).....Needless to say, we definitely had a yee-hah moment. I was so thankful it was only one shot and not a volley of them, as Thunder HATES gunfire.

Hope ya'll got to spend some time in the saddle today!

Appygirl

Man does not have the only memory,
The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,
If you know how to listen, they will tell you many things.
- Claude Kuwanijuma - Hopi Spiritual leader

appygirl
Clinician

USA
3211 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2013 :  7:05:37 PM  Show Profile Send appygirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well buggers! Let me try the pics again (technology is not my strong suit!) lol

Maria and Grizzly

Thunder and me

Scenery

Hopefully, the pics will show up this time!

Appygirl

The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,

Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2013 :  7:06:40 PM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can't see the pics in your post.

Here is one that I swiped off of FB:

For the last pic, you used this URL:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid%20687615357915672%20set%20pcb.687615524582322%20type%201%20permPage%201

Did you open the pic from your post or is that URL from a thumbnail?

I opened the pic so it was in the pop up window & copied that URL. They're really good pics! LOL!

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

appygirl
Clinician

USA
3211 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2013 :  7:06:53 PM  Show Profile Send appygirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OK, I give up........HELPPPPPPPPPP

Appygirl

The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,

Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2013 :  7:11:52 PM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Copy the URL from the pop up window from the post.

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

appygirl
Clinician

USA
3211 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2013 :  7:53:27 PM  Show Profile Send appygirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I opened the pic and then copied the url with the .....it didn't work!

Appygirl

The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,

Go to Top of Page

appygirl
Clinician

USA
3211 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2013 :  7:58:11 PM  Show Profile Send appygirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Appygirl

The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,

Go to Top of Page

appygirl
Clinician

USA
3211 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2013 :  7:58:47 PM  Show Profile Send appygirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Grrrrr

Appygirl

The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,

Go to Top of Page

appygirl
Clinician

USA
3211 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2013 :  7:59:41 PM  Show Profile Send appygirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=687615124582362&set=a.106810082662872.12302.100000016435211&type=3&theater

Appygirl

The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,

Go to Top of Page

appygirl
Clinician

USA
3211 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2013 :  8:00:41 PM  Show Profile Send appygirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Appygirl

The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,

Go to Top of Page

appygirl
Clinician

USA
3211 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2013 :  8:01:38 PM  Show Profile Send appygirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OK, I give up!

PG, can you post the others? I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

Appygirl

The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,

Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2013 :  8:37:54 PM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I see "theater" at the end of some of the URLs that you are posting. The ones I've posted, I got from the post on your time line. Others say they are temporarily unavailable.

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

EZ2SPOT
Clinician

USA
3785 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2013 :  12:11:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit EZ2SPOT's Homepage Send EZ2SPOT a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looks like you have some interesting places to ride right around home! I didn't ride this past weekend; too much to do, but I'm hoping to get to Strawtown this coming Saturday.

EZ2SPOT
Go to Top of Page

appygirl
Clinician

USA
3211 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2013 :  6:41:20 PM  Show Profile Send appygirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There are several farms near our house that we can ride on. We are very mindful to only ride on the "edges" of the fields, so as not to sully the crops (hay and soybeans). There is also a long, gravel county road that we can ride on with farms along both sides. All in all, you could probably stay in the saddle 2 to 2.5 hours. Lots of interesting sites (creeks, wildlife, cows, barns, farmers working the fields, etc.)

I like it because it's easy to convince Maria to drive here and ride, so I don't have to trailer anywhere. I usually have to throw-in dinner, but that's okay! lol

Appygirl

The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,

Go to Top of Page

EZ2SPOT
Clinician

USA
3785 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2013 :  12:19:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit EZ2SPOT's Homepage Send EZ2SPOT a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That sounds wonderful! There's too much traffic to ride on the roads here. I have to admit, there are what they call "trails" down both sides of a road near here, paved, though. I have seen some people ride their horses on these "trails," but I've been leery of it. There's maybe 2 ft of grass between the paved trails and traffic going by at 50 mph. As for fields, there's one right across the street that hasn't been developed yet, but when I asked if I could ride on it, I was told no.

I'm really hoping some of us can get together next year to ride!!

EZ2SPOT
Go to Top of Page

appygirl
Clinician

USA
3211 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2013 :  8:29:52 PM  Show Profile Send appygirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm not much on road riding myself. Not only do you have to worry about vehicles, you also have to be concerned about the footing. If a horse spooks on blacktop, they could quickly loose their footing and fall.

I second that hope. I would love for us to have a huge turnout for another DE ride, but will settle for a few of us to get together and share the trails and a campfire or two in 2014.

Appygirl

The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000