Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Creative, fun and entertaining
 Saddle Shop Corral
 Special forces and saddles we sold them
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Chuck
Forum Admin

USA
1265 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2006 :  6:52:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chuck's Homepage Send Chuck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here are the updated pictures of the US Special Forces using the saddles we sold them. Kinda makes me want to get back in the military.

Chuck

Horse Saddle Shop

http://www.horsesaddleshop.com

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2006 :  7:39:28 PM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very cool pics!! Looks like there are quite a few horses with that unit. Do you know how many calvary units there are?

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

fracturedbones
Clinician

3424 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2006 :  7:56:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit fracturedbones's Homepage Send fracturedbones a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Chuck: those are incredible photos! Man, what a way to get horse time though!!! Do you know if they shipped the horses from the US? Was curious.

Thank you so much for sharing those pictures! If you are on emailing terms with the troops, please thank them for me for a job well done...behind them 100%...heroes all. Pictures really bring it home.
Go to Top of Page

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2006 :  10:55:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Chuck.

The Pictures are Awesome.

Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

FLOOPER
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
2493 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2006 :  11:28:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit FLOOPER's Homepage Send FLOOPER a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Those are incredible. Wonder how the horses react if the guys have to fire their weapons while riding....I sure would hate to take an unscheduled dismount onto some of those rocks! OUCH!!

Flooper

"I'm a man. I can change. If I have to. I guess."
The Man's Prayer from the Red Green Show
Go to Top of Page

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2006 :  2:08:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by FLOOPER

Those are incredible. Wonder how the horses react if the guys have to fire their weapons while riding....I sure would hate to take an unscheduled dismount onto some of those rocks! OUCH!!

Seem like a good thing to have when riding alone in less than desirable areas.

Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson

Edited by - Hook on 04/07/2006 2:11:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

FLOOPER
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
2493 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2006 :  4:09:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit FLOOPER's Homepage Send FLOOPER a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hook

quote:
Originally posted by FLOOPER

Seem like a good thing to have when riding alone in less than desirable areas.

Definitely...I was just wondering if they train the horses not to spook at gunfire...I'm sure they do. I"m guessing they're smart enough to think of things like that!!

Flooper

"I'm a man. I can change. If I have to. I guess."
The Man's Prayer from the Red Green Show
Go to Top of Page

beccajane
Trainer

USA
985 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2006 :  5:53:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit beccajane's Homepage Send beccajane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Flooper...
I was wondering the same thing. But did you see the guns??? Is that not a machine gun? I saw the mounted shooting demonstration at HHF and was so impressed, but can you IMAGINE the noise that one of those would make?
Thank you so much, Chuck, for posting these pictures! Wow. I never imagined that there was even a mounted unit over there. Thank them for me too!
Go to Top of Page

appygirl
Clinician

USA
3211 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2006 :  11:55:45 PM  Show Profile Send appygirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And who said the calvary doesn't exist anymore?

Thanks for sharing the pics, Chuck; they are great. Can't wait to see if any of these photos or perhaps a video segment surfaces on prime time. I can point and exclaim, "Oooh, oooh, oooh, I know where those saddles came from!"

Appygirl

Man does not have the only memory,
The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,
If you know how to listen, they will tell you many things.
- Claude Kuwanijuma - Hopi Spiritual leader

Go to Top of Page

tagnrocky
Clinician

USA
1776 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2006 :  08:33:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit tagnrocky's Homepage Send tagnrocky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cool! Thanks for posting the pictures. I can't believe the machine guns on horseback!

Nancy (and Tag & Rocky)
Free & easy down the trail I go......
Go to Top of Page

shadowgirl
Beginning Rider

93 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2006 :  09:04:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit shadowgirl's Homepage Send shadowgirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That is soo cool thanks for posting the pics!!
Go to Top of Page

Horsecrazygirl
Clinician

USA
2132 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2006 :  10:44:37 AM  Show Profile Send Horsecrazygirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Interesting but not surprising in the least.
I have heard that it can cost 5 thousand to send a horse overseas.
I guess I'm not going to do that any time soon!

"In the steady gaze of the horse shines a silent eloquence that speaks of love and loyalty, strength and courage. It is the window that reveals to us how willing is his spirit, how generous his heart."

"The horse, gives you the freedom from all life's challenges." H.Z.

Go to Top of Page

Michael M
Tenderfoot

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2007 :  09:35:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael M's Homepage Send Michael M a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey All,
I am new here, and figure I must be missing something as I don't see but 2 horses and no guns whatsoever. As far as the Army calling it Calvary, unless they have officially re-activated very recently, they only maintain a show unit, though the various Special Forces do go horse back riding when necessary.
Where can I see the many horses and guns?
Thanks,
Michael M

quote:
Originally posted by beccajane

Flooper...
I was wondering the same thing. But did you see the guns??? Is that not a machine gun? I saw the mounted shooting demonstration at HHF and was so impressed, but can you IMAGINE the noise that one of those would make?
Thank you so much, Chuck, for posting these pictures! Wow. I never imagined that there was even a mounted unit over there. Thank them for me too!

"Just like Texas in 1880...."
Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2007 :  1:31:40 PM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Michael!

There were more pics somewhere.....I think maybe in another thread?? I remember seeing several others. I don't know about the machine gun unless that's what stuck out of the back of the jeep in the 2nd pic.

I was surprised to learn horses were being used in Afghanistan too when Chuck first let us in on what the Saddle Shop did! I Googled some but didn't find a lot of direct references to the use of horses although I did find this article: Special Ops Equipment: Newest—and Oldest from a '02 publication that mentions the use of horses. I'd love to learn more about the unit.

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000