Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Discussions
 Trails
 Such a Beautiful Day!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2017 :  8:49:47 PM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know... more pics of horses in woods but it was just so beautiful today that I can't help myself! It started out cold with the little snow from the other night still on the ground.

Between the warming temps and the sun, the snow cover disappeared and the day got even better!

We even found some mud!

Quenching a thirst!

BLUE SKY!!

This trail is a lot easier going down than up. We're headed to the top of the ridge. You can see the trail towards the top.

A pic of ME! We're on the same trail but closer to the top.

Another small creek on the way back to the barn.

It was a great ride!

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."

~~~~~~

Edited by - PaintGal on 02/10/2017 9:17:28 PM

Chuck
Forum Admin

USA
1265 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2017 :  11:17:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chuck's Homepage Send Chuck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Beautiful day. Keep up the pics. Thanks.

Chuck

Horse Saddle Shop

http://www.horsesaddleshop.com
Go to Top of Page

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2017 :  06:43:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great series of pictures.

Thanks for sharing

Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

Red Hawk
Clinician

USA
5092 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2017 :  10:02:10 AM  Show Profile Send Red Hawk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Was this at Clark again? I think I recognize the scene from that overlook in one of those shots.

You even found some mud ? That's all we have around here. That and standing water. It's been in the 50sF the last two or three days.

Enjoyed the pics .

Ginger

"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses"
--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown
Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2017 :  8:08:24 PM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Red Hawk

Was this at Clark again? I think I recognize the scene from that overlook in one of those shots.

You even found some mud ? That's all we have around here. That and standing water. It's been in the 50sF the last two or three days.

Enjoyed the pics .

Ginger

Yeppers, at Clark. No doubt, you're going to start recognizing parts of the trails since I post so many pics. We ride out of my friend's barn then either across the road into the forestry or on the road a half mile and enter the forestry. There are miles and miles of trails including the Deam Lake trails and some on private ground that she has permission to ride.

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

Red Hawk
Clinician

USA
5092 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2017 :  09:27:30 AM  Show Profile Send Red Hawk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PaintGal

[quote]Originally posted by Red Hawk

Yeppers, at Clark. No doubt, you're going to start recognizing parts of the trails since I post so many pics. We ride out of my friend's barn then either across the road into the forestry or on the road a half mile and enter the forestry. There are miles and miles of trails including the Deam Lake trails and some on private ground that she has permission to ride.

I only rode there once many moons ago , and that was out of the original horse camp long before the Deam Lake horse camp was put in. My guide said he took me on the easy stuff, and I don't think we were ever on level ground long enough to speak of. Those trails were straight up and down those hills with very few switchbacks. I doubt if we rode the area you're in, but it's possible.

I don't think that overlook in your pic is high enough, but it reminds me a lot of the overlook at the fire tower. Have you been there? On a clear day you can see the outline of Louisville in the distance about 20 miles away. It's awesome.

Ginger

"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses"
--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown
Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2017 :  8:55:03 PM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The farm I had about 35 years ago bordered the west side of the forestry and I rode to the fire tower a few times from it. A gap magically appeared in the back fence on my farm as well as a path to what is now the hiking trail. The trail I rode years ago from my farm hooked up with the trails from Henryville. There were some "challenging" trails and it's amazing that my horse and I survived them. Young and dumb comes to mind but that's all we knew!

The trails I'm riding now are equally as steep and rugged but oh so much fun.

There are a couple of places where I'm riding now where we can see the Louisville skyline as well as the stacks in Madison and both are about 20 miles away. I think I said Madison was 10 miles away in another post somewhere.

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000