Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Creative, fun and entertaining
 Saddle Shop Corral
 The Dawning of a New Day!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Red Hawk
Clinician

USA
5092 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2016 :  11:06:37 AM  Show Profile Send Red Hawk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Today is a milestone in my life. From this day forward every day I do at my job will be for the last time. One year from now I will be officially retired. Woohoo!

Ginger

"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses"
--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown

Edited by - Red Hawk on 01/05/2016 11:17:07 AM

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2016 :  8:50:46 PM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great! I hope the year goes by quickly for you!

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

hmeyer
Clinician

USA
2194 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2016 :  1:07:37 PM  Show Profile Send hmeyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congrats Red Hawk! I am a little bit ahead of you... I am quitting at the end of November (spreadsheet willing!) Deb is retiring from teaching at the end of the school year, May 27.

Seems odd to be so happy at getting old!

"You learn a thing a day, you store up smart" - Festus Haggen

"A manís soul canít be hidden,
From the creatures in his care." -
Hard Candy Cowboy by Debra Meyer

Go to Top of Page

Red Hawk
Clinician

USA
5092 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2016 :  1:42:50 PM  Show Profile Send Red Hawk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hmeyer

Congrats Red Hawk! I am a little bit ahead of you... I am quitting at the end of November (spreadsheet willing!) Deb is retiring from teaching at the end of the school year, May 27.

Seems odd to be so happy at getting old!

Yeah, I know what you mean. I was just thinking the other day that it's sad that you have to get old to arrive at the end of your working days and start a brand new page in your life. I certainly won't be bored, that's for sure. So many things I want to do, and most of them won't cost much at all, thank goodness.

Ginger

--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown
Go to Top of Page

hmeyer
Clinician

USA
2194 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2016 :  11:05:08 PM  Show Profile Send hmeyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I've moved mine up. I am going out June 1st. Just 44 days to go! I figured what the heck, why waste the summer!

Go to Top of Page

Red Hawk
Clinician

USA
5092 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2016 :  10:49:56 AM  Show Profile Send Red Hawk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hmeyer

Well, I've moved mine up. I am going out June 1st. Just 44 days to go! I figured what the heck, why waste the summer!

Way to go. You have a great summer my friend.

8 months and two weeks for me . I can hardly wait.

Ginger

--Robert Browning

-- Author Unknown
Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2016 :  8:39:58 PM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How exciting, Harv! Do you have your first ride as a retiree scheduled?

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

hmeyer
Clinician

USA
2194 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2017 :  10:39:52 PM  Show Profile Send hmeyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry I missed your question, Karen. Retired 6/1, left for Hocking Hills 6/2!

Go to Top of Page

ILoveJoe
Clinician

USA
2499 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2017 :  6:31:28 PM  Show Profile Send ILoveJoe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congrats Ginger!
Everyday I go to work, I wish was my last. #128512;

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000