Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Discussions
 General Information
 MISSING HORSES!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dani
Beginning Rider

USA
138 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2015 :  1:32:53 PM  Show Profile Send Dani a Private Message  Reply with Quote
MISSING HORSES!!
Two horses are missing from Pancake Clarkson Rd, Rogers OH. My friend went out this morning and her two National Show Horses were missing from her barn. It's unclear whether they were stolen or simply got out and went walkabout. They are both pinto geldings. Please message me if you have any info. Thanks.

FOUND!!

Edited by - Dani on 02/14/2015 1:49:34 PM

Dani
Beginning Rider

USA
138 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2015 :  1:48:21 PM  Show Profile Send Dani a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nevermind, they are found!!
Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2015 :  8:06:13 PM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I hope they weren't hurt and are back where they belong! Did they figure out what happened?

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

Dani
Beginning Rider

USA
138 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2015 :  8:30:25 PM  Show Profile Send Dani a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They were found at the back of the neighbor's property. I guess they just got out and went for a walk--in a blizzard, which made finding them a lot harder!!
Go to Top of Page

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2015 :  9:09:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Glad they are safe at home.

Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

Colleen
Trainer

Canada
940 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2015 :  10:46:11 AM  Show Profile Send Colleen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Happy ending, great

Colleen who hopes to have a horse soon.

The air of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears -- Arabian proverb

Go to Top of Page

walkinthewalk
Advanced Rider

USA
215 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2015 :  08:13:58 AM  Show Profile Send walkinthewalk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great news they just decided to go on tour by themselves.

This caught my attention as it seems horse thieving is on the upswing in Missouri. I used to do a lot of trail riding on the old Vodry property near Rogers, Ohio and know that you're really not that farm from Missouri when it comes to stolen horses.

Are any of the area auction barns still running, to where people might bring stolen horses up from south and run them thru?
Go to Top of Page

Dani
Beginning Rider

USA
138 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2015 :  08:31:28 AM  Show Profile Send Dani a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Vodrey property is still there but they no longer hand out passes for horseback riding. I got one before they stopped. They do, however, still give out hiking passes and the ranger says if he sees you riding and you only have a hiking pass he will allow it. The younger generation of Vodrey's are ruining the place riding four wheelers, jeeps, dirt bikes, etc. It's been a long time since I've ridden a horse there. Generally I will be hiking if I'm there because there's nowhere to park a trailer. I could haul to my friend's place in PA just outside Fredericktown and access it from there but with Beaver Creek so close there's not much point.

Sugarcreek is still up and running and there's one in Carrollton. I HATE Sugarcreek. I've only been there once and that was enough. I'm sure there are others but I avoid them. There is one in PA but the name escapes me at the moment. I see a lot of horses on facebook that are rescued from there. New Holland!

Edited by - Dani on 02/16/2015 08:34:05 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000