Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Discussions
 Camping, Trailering, and associated Outdoor Gear
 Our new "retirement home"
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hmeyer
Clinician

USA
2194 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2013 :  12:51:09 AM  Show Profile Send hmeyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just picked this up today. It's a 3-horse Sundowner aluminum with 10 ft LQ. It's a 1996 model but very clean and in excellent condition. It has a full size bathroom and shower and a 1/2 mid tack. Also a rear tack.

Now... if I can just win the lottery so I can retire and enjoy it...

"You learn a thing a day, you store up smart" - Festus Haggen

"A manís soul canít be hidden,
From the creatures in his care." -
Hard Candy Cowboy by Debra Meyer

Edited by - hmeyer on 11/10/2013 12:52:03 AM

Dani
Beginning Rider

USA
138 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2013 :  07:16:20 AM  Show Profile Send Dani a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very nice. I'm kind of jealous. I always say if I buy one of those I'll have to sell the farm and live in it because otherwise I won't be able to afford it. Happy traveling, even if it's just on weekends!!
Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2013 :  07:51:51 AM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, WOW!! Congrats, Harv & Deb. What a great looking trailer and IMO, the perfect size. We'd love to see more pics.

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

Red Hawk
Clinician

USA
5092 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2013 :  6:38:42 PM  Show Profile Send Red Hawk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Moving up in the world I see . Gosh Harv, if you hadn't said anything I would've thought that a brand new trailer. She looks to be in mint condition from what I can see in the pic. And I agree with PG. Would love to see the inside .

So maybe we might see you at MTR next summer sometime ?

"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses"
--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown
Go to Top of Page

hmeyer
Clinician

USA
2194 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2013 :  01:31:53 AM  Show Profile Send hmeyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, not mint condition, but it is in great condition for it's age. I'll probably post some inside pics once we get it looking like home.

I'm kinda surprised we didn't see you at MTR, Redhawk. Seems like every time we go there we know half the campground! We were there camping a couple of times this summer, and there just for the day a couple other times.

We were also at Shawnee a couple of times this summer. Maybe sometime we'll run into you down there!

Go to Top of Page

EZ2SPOT
Clinician

USA
3785 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2013 :  12:24:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit EZ2SPOT's Homepage Send EZ2SPOT a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I thought it was brand new! It's a beautiful trailer!

Hey, it would be great to see you and Deb at MTR! I was only there once this year, but normally go 3 to 3 times a year.

EZ2SPOT
Go to Top of Page

beccajane
Trainer

USA
985 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2013 :  7:23:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit beccajane's Homepage Send beccajane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What a nice trailer! I, too, would love to see the inside! Good job finding this one!
Go to Top of Page

hmeyer
Clinician

USA
2194 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2013 :  10:11:18 PM  Show Profile Send hmeyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We just got back from taking it on its maiden voyage - a Thanksgiving campout at O'Bannon Woods State Park. We went down on Thursday and came back Saturday. The trailer was very comfy and kept us quite warm! We took Cisco and Shaz and Adam pulled his trailer and took Hawk, and our daughter Sally also met us there and stayed in our trailer with us. We had a full Thanksgiving dinner with turkey and all the fixin's, stuffing, potatoes, green beans, corn casserole, mac & cheese, rolls, and of course pumpkin pie. Also a couple of nice trail rides and a hike. It got down to about 18 degrees overnight, but the trailer furnace kept us nice and toasty warm. This was the first time we had ever done a Thanksgiving like this and it was quite enjoyable. All the pots and pans were disposable aluminum, so not much cleanup! Might have to start a new tradition!

I will definitely try to get some more pictures of the trailer inside, now that we have kinda gotten it looking more like home. I think it is going to serve us well. Can't wait for next year's camping season to roll around!

Go to Top of Page

EZ2SPOT
Clinician

USA
3785 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2013 :  12:24:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit EZ2SPOT's Homepage Send EZ2SPOT a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sounds like a great Thanksgiving! Wow, you guys made all those dishes in the trailer? I'm impressed!

EZ2SPOT
Go to Top of Page

killybean907
Clinician

USA
1082 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2013 :  7:12:20 PM  Show Profile Send killybean907 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow Harv, beautiful trailer!! Glad to see you are enjoying it already!!!

It's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years.
Karen-Anchorage, Alaska

Edited by - killybean907 on 12/24/2013 7:13:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

Arenadirt
Trainer

USA
670 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2013 :  5:57:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Arenadirt's Homepage Send Arenadirt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Gee Harv,

You could put my trailer next to that beauty, point at it and do a real Crocodile Dundee:

"That's not a trailer, THIS is a trailer!"

Happy for you!

"There is something about the outside of a horse...that is good for the inside of a man." ~Winston Churchill~
Go to Top of Page

fracturedbones
Clinician

3424 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2013 :  4:46:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit fracturedbones's Homepage Send fracturedbones a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That is one nice trailer!
I'd love to see the inside too!
Go to Top of Page

hmeyer
Clinician

USA
2194 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2013 :  11:01:32 PM  Show Profile Send hmeyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Bones! I will try to get some inside pics. I know, talk is cheap, but I'll try to get around to it fer real!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.13 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000