Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Creative, fun and entertaining
 HAA, GTA and others....
 GTA - Horse Edition
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

appygirl
Clinician

USA
3211 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2013 :  10:22:07 PM  Show Profile Send appygirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thunder has been inducted into the Horse Edition of GTA. He thumped the ground this morning as I was longeing him. With the humidity and temps up, I went out a little earlier than normal to work him and the ground was a little damper than usual. He was going along well and listening to cues such as walk, trot, reverse, etc. After he warmed up, he started getting a little frisky and stopped listening to cues. He went into a canter, and wiped out on his left side.

He wasn't injured (other than his pride) and when he got up (shamefully embarassed), he started listening better to his cues.

Had to hose him down really good to remove the mud from his entire left side. With the warm temps, he didn't mind getting wet.

Appygirl

Man does not have the only memory,
The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,
If you know how to listen, they will tell you many things.
- Claude Kuwanijuma - Hopi Spiritual leader

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2013 :  08:18:09 AM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Maybe he just wanted a bath. ;)

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

appygirl
Clinician

USA
3211 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2013 :  09:25:34 AM  Show Profile Send appygirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
LOL, you don't know Thunder! Prior to my getting him, I don't think he had too many garden hose baths. He is getting better at tolerating them and behaving. He also didn't like to be fly sprayed. Most likely because my guess is his previous owner did neither of these. He now stands perfectly still to be sprayed.

This morning's workout was picture perfect. He worked well and didn't have any reintroduction with the ground. Thank goodness, because I don't have time to give him a bath today.

Appygirl

The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,

Go to Top of Page

Red Hawk
Clinician

USA
5092 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2013 :  3:34:43 PM  Show Profile Send Red Hawk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Don'tja just hate it when they do something like that and you can't do anything about it ?
But seriously, I'm glad he wasn't injured.

Can't wait to see your new boy in the flesh. Sorry I can't make it to Brown County, but maybe sometime later this year . Think you can come for the ITRA Fall Ride? EZ & me already have our sites reserved.

"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses"
--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown

Edited by - Red Hawk on 05/27/2013 1:24:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

appygirl
Clinician

USA
3211 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2013 :  9:07:53 PM  Show Profile Send appygirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We may have to attend the ITRA ride. It's at Midwest, right? I joined the ITRA again when I attended HHF.

Appygirl

The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,

Go to Top of Page

EZ2SPOT
Clinician

USA
3785 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2013 :  12:17:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit EZ2SPOT's Homepage Send EZ2SPOT a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, it is at MTR, and they have been filling up pretty quickly for this ride, so if you want to go, you should make your reservations right away!

EZ2SPOT
Go to Top of Page

BethAnn
Trainer

USA
864 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2013 :  07:31:34 AM  Show Profile Send BethAnn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
When is the ITRA ride? If I don't have a re-enactment might stop by and visit!

BethAnn Stewart
Palmyra,Indiana

Lovie-gypsy vanner
Lad- Clydesdale

Do not take up the warpath without a just cause and honest purpose. Pushmataha-Choctow leader
Go to Top of Page

Red Hawk
Clinician

USA
5092 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2013 :  1:23:28 PM  Show Profile Send Red Hawk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BethAnn

When is the ITRA ride? If I don't have a re-enactment might stop by and visit!

September 13-15, 2013.

Hope to see you there. If you can, let us know when and where you'll be if you come. Would love to see you again. I'll be on site #9, and EZ will be right beside me... either site 8 or 10. Can't remember which right at the moment. lol

"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses"
--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000