Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Caring and Owning Horses
 Horse Training
 Back to School for Butterbrickle!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

EZ2SPOT
Clinician

USA
3785 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2012 :  7:30:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit EZ2SPOT's Homepage Send EZ2SPOT a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It happened every year; I'd swear to ride Butterbrickle more and get her out and about; then spring would find me riding Warsong more to get her ready for the camp-outs, summer would be too hot to ride much, and when fall came round, I'd ride Warsong on the longer rides, since she was the only one in shape to do it! Seems like Butterbrickle never got trail ridden more than a time or two each year, if that.

And I have always felt so, so guilty about having a good horse just standing there doing nothing for most of her life. So, anyway, this year, I am determined to break the cycle, and she is taking a little "vacation" at Turning Point, where she started her training 6 years ago. Ed will trail ride her, with the goal being to get her more used to being ridden away from home and around other horses.

Once she returns home, I'm hoping that I will be more motivated to take her places, AND I'm hoping that when I do ride Warsong, someone else can come along and ride Butterbrickle.

It is always hard for me to have one of my horses away from home! But when I took Butterbrickle to TP yesterday afternoon, she settled right in and acted like she'd never been away.

EZ2SPOT

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2012 :  8:08:19 PM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good for you! After Ed has her, you'll probably feel more confident with her. It's hard to ride more than one horse and nearly impossible for one person to keep 2 horses in shape. At least it was for me!

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

EZ2SPOT
Clinician

USA
3785 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2012 :  7:52:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit EZ2SPOT's Homepage Send EZ2SPOT a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, that is so very true! I frequently say that nobody needs more than one good horse. But once you have them, kind of hard to give any of them up (especially when it is so hard to find a good home for a horse these days!). Of course, nobody ever pays any attention to me, and, as anyone can plainly see, I didn't even follow my own advice!

EZ2SPOT
Go to Top of Page

terrim
Tenderfoot

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2012 :  12:16:46 PM  Show Profile Send terrim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Glad to see Butterbrickle will be getting some ridin in. Don't be so hard on yourself. You doing the right thing, will need help every so often. Maybe when she gets back things will be easier.
Go to Top of Page

tagnrocky
Clinician

USA
1776 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2012 :  4:33:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit tagnrocky's Homepage Send tagnrocky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Vicki, when she gets home, bring them both over here for a ride or two and I'll also meet you at Strawtown. Janette or Julie would both be delighted to ride her for you!

Nancy (and Tag & Rocky)
Free & easy down the trail I go......
Go to Top of Page

EZ2SPOT
Clinician

USA
3785 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2012 :  7:41:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit EZ2SPOT's Homepage Send EZ2SPOT a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That would be great! She should be back home sometime in June. To tell the truth, I've been too busy to even ask how she is doing, let alone go over there to ride her...

EZ2SPOT
Go to Top of Page

tagnrocky
Clinician

USA
1776 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2012 :  4:25:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit tagnrocky's Homepage Send tagnrocky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
E-mail me when she comes home and we'll ride. I am on vacation the last 2 weeks of June,otherwise I should be around.

Nancy (and Tag & Rocky)
Free & easy down the trail I go......
Go to Top of Page

EZ2SPOT
Clinician

USA
3785 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2012 :  7:39:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit EZ2SPOT's Homepage Send EZ2SPOT a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok! I'm sure Ed thinks I just dumped her there and forgot about her!

EZ2SPOT
Go to Top of Page

terrim
Tenderfoot

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2012 :  1:49:41 PM  Show Profile Send terrim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How is Butterbrickel doing? Have you called to get an update yet? Maybe this will help.
Go to Top of Page

EZ2SPOT
Clinician

USA
3785 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2012 :  8:03:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit EZ2SPOT's Homepage Send EZ2SPOT a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Butterbrickle is home; I picked her up this afternoon, and hope to ride her tomorrow. She left here looking like the Pillsbury Dough Horse, and came back looking pretty fit! Ed said he took her out on the trails every day. Unfortunately, I never did have a chance to ride her while she was there.

For those of you who remember him, I saw Hmeyer while I was there, and he and Deb are doing fine. With their very long commutes to work these days, they have not had much time to keep up with the DE. I did tell him about the ride.

EZ2SPOT
Go to Top of Page

Red Hawk
Clinician

USA
5092 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2012 :  09:58:36 AM  Show Profile Send Red Hawk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sounds to me that Butterbrickle is in better shape than Warsong right now . Maybe you'd be better off bringing Butterbrickle to the DE ride instead of Warsong . Of course, Terra would be very upset if you did.

"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses"
--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown
Go to Top of Page

EZ2SPOT
Clinician

USA
3785 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2012 :  7:49:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit EZ2SPOT's Homepage Send EZ2SPOT a Private Message  Reply with Quote
She actually IS in better shape, at the moment. I hope I can keep her that way! Yes, I'm thinking about bringing her to the DE ride, instead of Warsong. I'm kind of undecided about it. I love Butterbrickle, but Warsong is my little buddy...

EZ2SPOT
Go to Top of Page

terrim
Tenderfoot

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2012 :  11:04:50 AM  Show Profile Send terrim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Glad to hear Butterbrickle is in such good shape. Warsong might be jealous, you'll have to ride him some more to catch up
Go to Top of Page

EZ2SPOT
Clinician

USA
3785 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2012 :  6:48:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit EZ2SPOT's Homepage Send EZ2SPOT a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Warsong is a mare! Yes, she will be upset if I bring Butterbrickle to the DE ride. I'm still not sure which one I will end up bringing. LOL, maybe I just need to switch off and if one goes, the other one gets to co on the next trip.

EZ2SPOT
Go to Top of Page

terrim
Tenderfoot

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2012 :  6:48:58 PM  Show Profile Send terrim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry about that. I just get so use to saying he.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000