Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Saddle and Tack Topics
 Fitting Your Saddle to You
 Measuring fenders
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ziggi-girl
Tenderfoot

Denmark
8 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2012 :  10:49:45 AM  Show Profile Send Ziggi-girl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi all.

Im going to buy a saddle for my 10 year old daugther.
Right now we are borrowing an oooold Billy Cook saddle. We have maid extra holes in the fenders to shorten them up.
Ive been looking for a saddle to buy for her but im not sure about the size of the fenders/stirrups.
The big Q is how do i measure the size on the saddle weve got.
From where to where.

Julie

Ziggi-girl
Tenderfoot

Denmark
8 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2012 :  11:09:50 AM  Show Profile Send Ziggi-girl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Try again....
How do i measure THE FENDERS on the saddle we have?
Could anyone in here recommend a saddle.
Some sizes could be in its rigth place here... =O)
Shes 135cm high (4,4ft)
Her innerleg length is 63,6cm (25inch)
And weighs about 30kg

Looking forward to any kind of answer. =O)

Julie

Julie
Go to Top of Page

Red Hawk
Clinician

USA
5092 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2012 :  1:21:28 PM  Show Profile Send Red Hawk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Julie and welcome to Daily Equine. I'm not into metrics that much being from the U.S., but I gave riding lessons to young girls about your daughter's age. Fenders could be a problem in getting the stirrup short enough, that's for sure. I had two saddles I used for lessons; a 14 inch youth saddle and an older model 15 inch Simco. I'm on the short side too and have had problems with fenders in the past. So try this:

Where the fender goes from wide to narrow at the top of the fender? Sometimes you can pull the whole fender up anywhere from 2 to 4 inches, which makes the fender shorter. I've done this a lot over the years on my western saddles to have room to shorten the stirrups so I can reach them. I haven't had an adult sized western saddle yet that I haven't had to put extra holes in to get the stirrups up where they fit me.

I hope I understood your problem correctly and that this suggestion might be of help. Good luck.

"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses"
--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown

Edited by - Red Hawk on 04/29/2012 6:34:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

EZ2SPOT
Clinician

USA
3785 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2012 :  5:58:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit EZ2SPOT's Homepage Send EZ2SPOT a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am on the short side, and one of my saddles was made with short fenders. If you are ordering a new saddle, check to see if getting it with short fenders might be an option.

EZ2SPOT
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000