Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Creative, fun and entertaining
 HAA, GTA and others....
 Eventful first ride of the season
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dani
Beginning Rider

USA
138 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2012 :  08:47:23 AM  Show Profile Send Dani a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sunday was such a beautiful day that we decided to ride on the trails around my house. It's the first time we've ventured out since late November. I was not worried since Dani was fine last year. Of course, last year we rode at the state park the first ride.

Anyway, the horses were doing fine, although very alert and engergetic. At this point I must mention that Dani LOVES water. So down in the woods there is standing water on the trail. Most horse who like to lay down in water will paw the water first--not Dani. One moment we were walking down the trail and the next she was laying in the water. I yelled and kicked her and she leaped up, then she started to buck. I stayed on for two bucks and came off the third. But I landed--believe it or not--on my feet in about 3 inches of water over about 3 inches of mud. Then I plopped down on my butt!! Then I had to catch my horse and remount. We had to ride through another pool of water on the way to the barn but I was prepared and she didn't even think of laying down.

My friend's horse started to act up when Dani started bucking so she missed my amazing dismount. Her daughter, however, saw the whole thing and said it was a dismount of epic proportions.

Needless to say my saddle needs a good cleaning. I wiped off the mud as soon as I got back to the barn. Hopefully future rides will be a little less eventful.

EZ2SPOT
Clinician

USA
3785 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2012 :  7:34:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit EZ2SPOT's Homepage Send EZ2SPOT a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, my, that was quite a first ride for the year! My own first ride of the year was Sunday, also, and Warsong was quite skittish. She was bucking and kicking out on the lungeline, so I worked her for about 15 minutes before I even dared to get on. It must be this unseasonably warm weather!!

EZ2SPOT
Go to Top of Page

fracturedbones
Clinician

3424 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2012 :  12:50:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit fracturedbones's Homepage Send fracturedbones a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey, classy dismount!! That sounds like something for Americas funniest videos! Glad you weren't hurt.
Go to Top of Page

killybean907
Clinician

USA
1082 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2012 :  2:48:31 PM  Show Profile Send killybean907 a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Wow, glad you weren't hurt! Gotta love those "outta the blue dismounts!" ......NOT!

It's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years.
Karen-Anchorage, Alaska
Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2012 :  4:58:10 PM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
LOL! I'm glad you only got wet & not hurt! Too bad there wasn't a video. Will ya work on that for the next time?

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

Dani
Beginning Rider

USA
138 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2012 :  07:09:05 AM  Show Profile Send Dani a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PaintGal

LOL! I'm glad you only got wet & not hurt! Too bad there wasn't a video. Will ya work on that for the next time?

Absolutely. I asked the girl with me why she did not get it on video. She had some lame excuse about just sitting there with her mouth open, staring in dibelief.
Go to Top of Page

Arenadirt
Trainer

USA
670 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2012 :  3:00:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Arenadirt's Homepage Send Arenadirt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Love it Dani! Actually laughing out loud, which i would not admit had you gotten hurt. Well stuck!

"There is something about the outside of a horse...that is good for the inside of a man." ~Winston Churchill~
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000