Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Creative, fun and entertaining
 HAA, GTA and others....
 Again
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BethAnn
Trainer

USA
864 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2011 :  2:12:37 PM  Show Profile Send BethAnn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok I am done with this horse.Yesterday she bucked me off again for no reason we were riding with a few friends and she decided to go off and she threw me off. Checked everything from equipment to horse. I now can't walk my knee just won't hold me and collapses if I step down with leg straight knee goes backwards. Horse will be going soon as possible and I will be looking for a free gaited horse that doesn't buck of spook(seen several when I wasn't looking). I don't mind spirit but am to old for the bucking crap.

BethAnn Stewart
Palmyra,Indiana

Lovie-gypsy vanner
Lad- Clydesdale

Do not take up the warpath without a just cause and honest purpose. Pushmataha-Choctow leader

beccajane
Trainer

USA
985 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2011 :  5:57:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit beccajane's Homepage Send beccajane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Which horse? Angel? Yes, there are too many good horse out there to have one you don't trust. And once it happens, it's really hard to get some confidence back again! I hope you find one and can enjoy the ride again!
Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2011 :  8:26:19 PM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You've taken more than your share of unscheduled dismounts! I don't blame you at all for wanting a safe horse you can trust and I hope you can find one that works soon.

Did you get to the doc? You really should get the knee checked out!

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

BethAnn
Trainer

USA
864 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2011 :  05:40:11 AM  Show Profile Send BethAnn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Doctor said I will ride again in about 3 months. Fractured the tibia plateau under the knee and severely strained but did not tear the ligaments. I am now in a knee immobilizer for the next 10 days and will go to a hinged one if it shows some healing after that. It's a waiting game now.

BethAnn Stewart
Palmyra,Indiana

Lovie-gypsy vanner
Lad- Clydesdale

Do not take up the warpath without a just cause and honest purpose. Pushmataha-Choctow leader
Go to Top of Page

BethAnn
Trainer

USA
864 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2011 :  05:41:08 AM  Show Profile Send BethAnn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
yes it was Angel the demon spawn!

BethAnn Stewart
Palmyra,Indiana

Lovie-gypsy vanner
Lad- Clydesdale

Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2011 :  09:07:46 AM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay. STOP hurting yourself.

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

BethAnn
Trainer

USA
864 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2011 :  3:18:50 PM  Show Profile Send BethAnn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okey Dokey

BethAnn Stewart
Palmyra,Indiana

Lovie-gypsy vanner
Lad- Clydesdale

Go to Top of Page

EZ2SPOT
Clinician

USA
3785 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2011 :  8:04:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit EZ2SPOT's Homepage Send EZ2SPOT a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Have to agree, Angel does not seem to be the horse for you! Hoping you make a quick recovery!

EZ2SPOT
Go to Top of Page

fracturedbones
Clinician

3424 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2011 :  2:53:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit fracturedbones's Homepage Send fracturedbones a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ouch! That is a nasty injury! Do you have any idea what made Angel spook?
Healing vibes being sent and hope the pain eases quickly.
Go to Top of Page

BethAnn
Trainer

USA
864 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2011 :  05:49:13 AM  Show Profile Send BethAnn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There was nothing to spook at and we was in the middle of our group with loose reins and everyone relaxed, ears forward and everything was going fine till she ripped the reins outta my hands lowered her head and sent me flying. Ever seen a round woman fly?
Pain was the worst last night for some reason, but then again the whole body is ache.

BethAnn Stewart
Palmyra,Indiana

Lovie-gypsy vanner
Lad- Clydesdale

Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2011 :  08:40:12 AM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Maybe she was just helping you learn to fly so you could handle your new broom. It's Halloween, ya know.

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

tagnrocky
Clinician

USA
1776 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2011 :  6:52:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit tagnrocky's Homepage Send tagnrocky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dang Beth, sorry to hear that. I haven't been on the forums for about a week and its nothing but bad news. Things have got to turn around now that Halloween is here. Time for Angel to find a new home.
Healing vibes out to you.

Nancy (and Tag & Rocky)
Free & easy down the trail I go......
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000