Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Creative, fun and entertaining
 HAA, GTA and others....
 renewal time
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BethAnn
Trainer

USA
864 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2011 :  06:42:38 AM  Show Profile Send BethAnn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Went to O'Bannon on monday planned on riding with 2 of my friends, ended up riding by myself.We headed out and was about a mile up the trail when Angel decided she was not gonna cross this tree, when I pushed her she started bucking and I landed on some really big rocks and struck my helmet super hard.Last thing I saw was her still bucking and heading back home.A couple of minutes later when I got my breath I knew my left leg hurt and was just hoping for no breaks as there was nobody around and no cell signal.Got up bruised with no breaks but limping badly and started up the trail and then there was Angel looking like what just happened. Found a place I could crawl back on her and resumed our ride( in pain!)We was almost done when we ran into ground hornets I got stung on the face and Angel was dancing I chose to dismount about the same time she went ballistic.I safely got off grabbed her mane and used her to make a fast hasty retreat climbed back on and got my butt back to the trailer!
I have soem really weird bruising my calf is swollen bruised and scraped, my backside has several round brises , 2jammed fingers,and the inside of my left leg is bruised also.Oh and my stomach muscles are sore from all of this.
I'm riding Sunday at Deams lake-wana go?

BethAnn Stewart
Palmyra,Indiana

Lovie-gypsy vanner
Lad- Clydesdale

Do not take up the warpath without a just cause and honest purpose. Pushmataha-Choctow leader

Red Hawk
Clinician

USA
5092 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2011 :  09:53:40 AM  Show Profile Send Red Hawk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dang, Beth! So glad it wasn't any worse. The whole episode sounds like a trail rider's worst nightmare. You take care, girl.

"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses"
--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown
Go to Top of Page

EZ2SPOT
Clinician

USA
3785 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2011 :  6:07:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit EZ2SPOT's Homepage Send EZ2SPOT a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank goodness nothing was broken!! I'll bet you are going to be sore for a while!

EZ2SPOT
Go to Top of Page

BethAnn
Trainer

USA
864 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2011 :  6:34:52 PM  Show Profile Send BethAnn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Today all that really hurts is my back from from laying weird to not touch any bruises and can walk normal as long as I think slow and easy! I still swear by the extra lbs. as they cushion my old bones LOL!!!

BethAnn Stewart
Palmyra,Indiana

Lovie-gypsy vanner
Lad- Clydesdale

Do not take up the warpath without a just cause and honest purpose. Pushmataha-Choctow leader
Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2011 :  12:38:13 AM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Why didn't you tell me this when you called me today??? HUH? I could have sent sympathy from Utah!

I'm sure glad you weren't hurt worse! I think the yellowjackets are everywhere and are pretty aggressive this year. Every place we've eaten outdoors on our trip has had a few that want to help us eat our food.

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

BethAnn
Trainer

USA
864 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2011 :  3:24:25 PM  Show Profile Send BethAnn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Because you was having fun!

BethAnn Stewart
Palmyra,Indiana

Lovie-gypsy vanner
Lad- Clydesdale

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000