Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Discussions
 Camping, Trailering, and associated Outdoor Gear
 Delays, Delays!!! (Update--6/16/10)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Red Hawk
Clinician

USA
5092 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2010 :  2:11:56 PM  Show Profile Send Red Hawk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, it's been eight weeks today since I ordered my new horse trailer... the slant-load, custom made Corn Pro... and guess what? The place where they make them are about two weeks behind in production! Anyway, that's what Zahm's is telling me, darn it!

It seems that Zahm's hasn't seen any of this type of Corn Pro before either and are eager for them to arrive. I guess there's been a couple other customers besides me who've ordered this style, too, but not quite like how I ordered mine. LOL

Zahm's says they've heard nothing but good reports, which makes me all the more eager to get mine. I've already started to unload all my over-night camping gear out of the WW. Got a few miscelaneous items to take out yet, and then all that'll be left is what I need for day trips to Salamonie. I get more and more eager for the new trailer every time I haul with the old one. Can't wait for that all important phone call from Zahm's saying it's in.

"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses"
--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown

Edited by - Red Hawk on 06/16/2010 2:40:47 PM

EZ2SPOT
Clinician

USA
3785 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2010 :  8:41:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit EZ2SPOT's Homepage Send EZ2SPOT a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just so it's here by the DE ride!! I REALLY think there would be a good market for trailers like this. You shouldn't have to order them custom-made. If there had been some at the HHF, I'm sure they would have sold quickly.

EZ2SPOT
Go to Top of Page

Red Hawk
Clinician

USA
5092 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2010 :  2:13:47 PM  Show Profile Send Red Hawk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I DON'T BELIEVE IT!!!

I just receive a call from Zahm's this morning, and I got all excited thinking, "YES! My trailer has arrived!!" I could wish! My heart dropped to the cellar when Bill Zahm told me that Corn Pro had just started working on the 18 foot long bumper pulls. That's the 3-horse slant loads, which, naturally, includes mine. Now they're saying delivery will be sometime in mid-July!!! I am NOT a happy camper, but what can I do??? I just hope it gets here before the July DE Ride.

Dang it!!!!!

--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown
Go to Top of Page

homein3turns
Trainer

USA
654 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2010 :  12:16:18 AM  Show Profile Send homein3turns a Private Message  Reply with Quote
RH - I got this type of run around when I ordered my completely plain, not even a single extra, stock trailer. I too was extremely frustrated with the continued delays. Interestingly enough, when I asked for my deposit back so I could take my business elsewhere, they not only brought me a trailer I could use until mine arrived but my trailer was delivered to me within a couple of weeks. Just sayin...

Juli Collier
Pendleton, IN
Juli's Riding Log

"Let a horse whisper in your ear and breathe on your heart. You will never regret it." Author Unknown
Go to Top of Page

Red Hawk
Clinician

USA
5092 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2010 :  2:48:03 PM  Show Profile Send Red Hawk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by homein3turns

RH - I got this type of run around when I ordered my completely plain, not even a single extra, stock trailer. I too was extremely frustrated with the continued delays. Interestingly enough, when I asked for my deposit back so I could take my business elsewhere, they not only brought me a trailer I could use until mine arrived but my trailer was delivered to me within a couple of weeks. Just sayin...

Zahm's told me today that they wouldn't blame me if I asked for my deposit back and went elsewhere. Even if Corn Pro still built my trailer, they could sell it to somebody else.

The thing is that Corn Pro is swamped with back orders and running behind. See my update post for more details .

--Robert Browning

-- Author Unknown
Go to Top of Page

Red Hawk
Clinician

USA
5092 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2010 :  3:11:04 PM  Show Profile Send Red Hawk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Steve & I had to go to town to pick up a 2X4 to repair Terra's box stall and decided to stop and have a talk with Bill Zahm about the delays involving my new trailer.

We stopped at Zahm's first, and I spied one of the new Corn Pro's before we reached the office. Even just in passing, I could tell that this was no ordinary Corn Pro trailer but a horse trailer.

Like I said in my repy to H3T, Bill said he wouldn't blame me if I asked for my deposit back, and there was nothing he could do to have the trailer built any quicker. He just sells them. This I understood. It seems that Corn Pro is swamped with orders and has fallen behind schedule... waaaay behind.

Then we went out for a closer look at the 2-horse sitting in the lot. I was very much impressed and even more determined to get one. It's every inch as nice as any of the higher prices trailers I've seen... including the aluminum BP's I saw at the Hoosier Horse Fair. Then we took a look at the dressing room. Way too small for my twin-sized airmattress... even less space than my WW trailer I'm camping in now. But the one I have on order will have 4 extra feet of space. This will make it about the same size as the dressing room in EZ's American Spirit trailer.

This is one nice horse trailer, and now that I've seen one close up, I'm all the more eager to have one.

So we went back to the office to discuss my options. Bill is saying another 4 weeks before my trailer can be delivered. This would put the delivery date right on top of the July DE Ride. Talk about calling it close! They are going to try and do everything they can to get it to me by July 12th and no later than the 14th. I said I would wait till then and see what happens.

Zahm's are just as upset about how this is working out as I am. They, too, thought I'd have my trailer by now, and they've ordered one for themselves as well.

So now we wait.

--Robert Browning

-- Author Unknown
Go to Top of Page

puddleplasher
Clinician

USA
1296 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2010 :  6:40:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit puddleplasher's Homepage Send puddleplasher a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sometimes waiting is the price you pay to get what you really want. It does sound like it'll be a nice trailer... worth a little patience, I'd say.

'plash

Pepper sez: "Don't forget the horse!!"
'Plash's Ride Log
Go to Top of Page

EZ2SPOT
Clinician

USA
3785 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2010 :  9:50:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit EZ2SPOT's Homepage Send EZ2SPOT a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And, hey, this gives you some time to have some modifications made, such has having the tires replaced by pontoons...oh, don't mind me, I've just gotten to be a little sick of all this RAIN! It has been nice today, so I'm gonna get out to the barn & ride!

Hang in there, RH! The time will fly!

EZ2SPOT
Go to Top of Page

killybean907
Clinician

USA
1082 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2010 :  05:55:27 AM  Show Profile Send killybean907 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I too am feeling your anticipation!! It's a bit like waiting for Christmas morning isn't it?! Can't wait to see it!

It's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years.
Karen-Anchorage, Alaska
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000