Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Caring and Owning Horses
 The Beginning Rider
 FINALLY can communicate with the rest of the world
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

anniepops
Beginning Rider

United Kingdom
104 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2010 :  06:02:29 AM  Show Profile Send anniepops a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi don't know if you will remember me, its a long time since I was on here, we had the most outmoded old fashioned dial up connection and it just got worse from there. HOWEVER we have finally joined the modern world and got an extortionately expensive but wonderful satellite system and its brilliant.

Will try and upload a couple of pics of my girl Molly, taken when I first came on here couple of years or so ago, am still trying to improve and have done a few small shows, and even won a trail class at a little training show we had in our area. was soo thrilled.

happy trails all

[annie

[URL=http://outdoors.webshots.com/photo/2709629120106256737NsEPUE][/URL]

this was one of my first lessons, cant you tell. hopefully have got a bit better since then

[URL=http://outdoors.webshots.com/photo/2772975970106256737HjAHRy][/URL]

This was our firsEVER show, have never been so scared in my life. but hey nobody died.

No foot - No horse

Edited by - anniepops on 02/23/2010 07:43:47 AM

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2010 :  08:35:01 AM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's nice to have you back and congrats on your new connection!

Kudos on getting to your first show. You two look great!

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

appygirl
Clinician

USA
3211 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2010 :  09:17:59 AM  Show Profile Send appygirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome back to DE, Annie. The pics of you and Molly are great. Looks like you're having fun. Keep the pics and updates coming.

Appygirl

Man does not have the only memory,
The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,
If you know how to listen, they will tell you many things.
- Claude Kuwanijuma - Hopi Spiritual leader

Go to Top of Page

anniepops
Beginning Rider

United Kingdom
104 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2010 :  10:44:17 AM  Show Profile Send anniepops a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your kind comments, have also joined a trail award scheme, where after about 250 hours riding out in western tack you get a montana silversmiths buckle, so friend and self are going for that this year. if the weather ever improves enough its horrible at the moment and more snow on the way. Am going to try and upload a pic of Mollys companion a 31" mini shetland, and then will leave it for a while don't want to hog all the space.
many thanks for your encouragement, it means a lot and also congrats to whoever runs this site its brilliant.
over last 18 months have also joined GTA a few times but seem to have got a bit more secure recently so hope it lasts. lol
happy trails

annie

[URL=http://pets.webshots.com/photo/2207399580106256737YpAPSO][/URL]

No foot - No horse

Edited by - anniepops on 02/23/2010 10:52:07 AM
Go to Top of Page

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2010 :  9:19:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by anniepops

Thanks for your kind comments, have also joined a trail award scheme, where after about 250 hours riding out in western tack you get a montana silversmiths buckle, so friend and self are going for that this year. if the weather ever improves enough its horrible at the moment and more snow on the way. Am going to try and upload a pic of Mollys companion a 31" mini shetland, and then will leave it for a while don't want to hog all the space.
many thanks for your encouragement, it means a lot and also congrats to whoever runs this site its brilliant.
over last 18 months have also joined GTA a few times but seem to have got a bit more secure recently so hope it lasts. lol
happy trails

annie

[URL=http://pets.webshots.com/photo/2207399580106256737YpAPSO][/URL]

Nice to hear from you Annie and to hear you are doing well. The his peed link is great especially for posting pictures. ( and we do like pictures)
Molly is a very pretty girl and you look very nice on her. I like your goal of 250 hours and a silver buckle at the nd of it. A great motivator.

That Mini is sure cute. We Have a Black Mini called Sebastian. What a doll.

Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

anniepops
Beginning Rider

United Kingdom
104 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2010 :  05:42:52 AM  Show Profile Send anniepops a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Hook, thanks yes they are both lovely and have taught me so much. currently snowing like hell hope we get some better weather soon. ~Am supposed to be getting Moll back from the trainers in another week, he has been brilliant and has taught me so much, altho I have still so much to learn a long way to go, but finally think I can make some headway. need to get my confidence up for hacking out, am a bit of a coward about it at the moment, but keep trying, am better with someone to go with altho obviously if things go wrong I still have to sort it myself or fall off whichever comes first ha ha

happy trails
annie

No foot - No horse
Go to Top of Page

puddleplasher
Clinician

USA
1296 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2010 :  9:32:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit puddleplasher's Homepage Send puddleplasher a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey, Annie, welcome back, it's good to hear from you! It sounds like you and Molly are making great strides forward. And that mini is about as adorable as could be!

'plash

Pepper sez: "Don't forget the horse!!"
'Plash's Ride Log
Go to Top of Page

anniepops
Beginning Rider

United Kingdom
104 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2010 :  10:58:31 AM  Show Profile Send anniepops a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi plash, its good to be able to access this forum again, I missed it but our systems were so outdated it was proving impossible and uploading pics was impossible. we have finally got a satellite system and so far its brilliant, had a couple of blips but at least I managed to get some pics up, will put more up in a while, don't want to hog the space.

Molly is due back from the trainers next week, friend and I both have our horses there and we are gpoing down for 3 and a half days intensive riding and then bringing them back, hope the weather has improved enough for us to start hacking out.

happy trails
annie

No foot - No horse
Go to Top of Page

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2010 :  05:24:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looking forward to some pictures and a training report.

Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

anniepops
Beginning Rider

United Kingdom
104 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2010 :  11:21:32 AM  Show Profile Send anniepops a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ill do my best, just dont expect too much am still a VERY novice rider thanks for all your encouragement everyone.
Happy trails, (if this awful weather ever improves) altho today of course would have been perfect, but I aint gotta horse for another few days. isnt that just the way of things
annie

No foot - No horse

Edited by - anniepops on 03/01/2010 11:23:07 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000