Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Creative, fun and entertaining
 Seasonal Scenery - Monthly Photos
 Monthly Alaskan Photo From Killybean
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

killybean907
Clinician

USA
1082 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2010 :  04:07:29 AM  Show Profile Send killybean907 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
December 15th, 2009. This is from behind the barn...the creek is under the snow where the little bushes go through the middle of the small meadow, and I'm standing on the bridge. This view won't change much for a couple more months unless we have a LOT more snow...or it gets WARMER! This was about 2:30 PM on an overcast day. Doesn't get too terribly bright without the clear sky and sunshine, huh?

As of today, Jan. 8th, we are gaining almost 4 minutes of daylight from just yesterday though! Whoohoo!!

It's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years.
Karen-Anchorage, Alaska

Edited by - killybean907 on 01/09/2010 04:16:02 AM

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2010 :  07:49:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That looks COLD.

How much daylight do you actually have these days?

Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson

Edited by - Hook on 01/09/2010 07:52:33 AM
Go to Top of Page

dunhorsechic
Trainer

USA
584 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2010 :  08:01:33 AM  Show Profile Send dunhorsechic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How beautiful! I'll enjoy watching this change when spring comes.

If you can't be a good example, at least be a horrible warning.
Go to Top of Page

hoopski
Advanced Rider

USA
419 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2010 :  08:53:15 AM  Show Profile Send hoopski a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hook

That looks COLD.

Here is an interesting daylight calculator set up for Anchorage that shows about 6 hours sunrise to sunset and 8 hours dawn to dusk currently.

http://www.gaisma.com/en/location/anchorage-alaska.html

The azimuth chart might be useful for setting up some of your famous sunrise or sunset pics. Enjoy

Edited by - hoopski on 01/09/2010 09:06:07 AM
Go to Top of Page

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2010 :  09:39:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hoopski

quote:

That looks COLD.

Here is an interesting daylight calculator set up for Anchorage that shows about 6 hours sunrise to sunset and 8 hours dawn to dusk currently.

The azimuth chart might be useful for setting up some of your famous sunrise or sunset pics. Enjoy

Thanks for the link Hoopski.

I will have to look at it very carefully when I have a bit of time. Very interesting.

Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2010 :  11:10:08 AM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
BRRR! That just screams COLD.....but....it is beautiful!

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2010 :  07:05:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by hoopski

quote:

That looks COLD.

Thanks for the link Hoopski.

I will have to look at it very carefully when I have a bit of time. Very interesting.

I checked it out for London, Ontario, the closest location for me.

Looks like about 9 hours sunrise to sunset and 10 hours dusk to dawn.

http://www.gaisma.com/en/location/london-ca.html

Hook(ed)......on Horses

Go to Top of Page

tagnrocky
Clinician

USA
1776 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2010 :  09:43:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit tagnrocky's Homepage Send tagnrocky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Frosty and cold looking!

P.S. Check private messages about my trip to Alaska

Nancy (and Tag & Rocky)
Free & easy down the trail I go......
Go to Top of Page

fracturedbones
Clinician

3424 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2010 :  11:17:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit fracturedbones's Homepage Send fracturedbones a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That is gorgeous...and cold looking! Will it stay that way for long?

I went to Dawson City (Yukon Territory) in my 20s... for a vacation (if you can believe that!) . 6 hr drive from White Horse...looked like that all the way. Eerie to me. I was living in Hawaii at the time..quite the contrast!
Go to Top of Page

killybean907
Clinician

USA
1082 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2010 :  01:17:52 AM  Show Profile Send killybean907 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fracturedbones

That is gorgeous...and cold looking! Will it stay that way for long?

I went to Dawson City (Yukon Territory) in my 20s... for a vacation (if you can believe that!) . 6 hr drive from White Horse...looked like that all the way. Eerie to me. I was living in Hawaii at the time..quite the contrast!

It can be odd at times....Thursday we were at 31 degrees (F) and today we are -5F ....March-April on average is when we see the change from Winter to Spring the most dramatically.

I like your link hoopski....and it's correct at 6 hours daylight. If the mountains weren't blocking the sunrise so much, it might be more noticeable!

Sorry Nancy! I guess I didn't notice...sending you a PM!

Karen-Anchorage, Alaska
Go to Top of Page

killybean907
Clinician

USA
1082 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2010 :  4:33:05 PM  Show Profile Send killybean907 a Private Message  Reply with Quote

This is pretty sad...my picture looks VERY similar to the last one. This is February's that I never posted.
Just no snow on the branches and a bit lighter at the same time of day.
If I brave the blizzard that's going on right now...I will add that one!

Karen-Anchorage, Alaska
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000