Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Saddle and Tack Topics
 Fitting Your Saddle to You
 Saddle size for a child
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sara
Beginning Rider

Russia
90 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2010 :  7:56:19 PM  Show Profile Send Sara a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone!

Looks like my nephew got interested in riding a horse!

(Belka is terrified :)))

But my 15" saddle is definitely too big for him :) But I can't even imagine what saddle size he might need? He is 6 years old and weights 60 pound (not sure about his height).

Also thinking about getting him kids' stirrups - but not sure if this is a really good alternative to a small saddle? Looks like they hang way too close to the horn? And then, the seat would be too big anyway?

How do you ride your kids? :)

Edited by - Sara on 01/08/2010 4:17:56 PM

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2010 :  9:40:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I love the happy grin.

Most small kids would ride in a 12 inch saddle. Our 9 year old Step Granddaughter fits quite well in Mrs Hook's 14 inch Dakota.

Here she is with the Dakota on Flyer.

Check out the youth saddles here.

http://store.yahoo.com/thesaddleshop/ponysaddles.html

Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson

Edited by - Hook on 01/07/2010 06:14:16 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000